• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Litespeed for Woocommerce

sysads

Sep 10, 2019
recipegym.com
I have been hearing a lot about litespeed and was wondering if I can setup a woocommerce store with it. If so which provider can I use at a low budget.

I also see lots of comments on cyberpanel, would i need that as well?

Thanks

I used both of them a few months ago.
1. for stable Litespeed pro hosting you can try TMD Cloud Hosting they are offering Litespeed server, with lot of other caching support too. I m using this host currently for my wp sites.

2. if you want to use light speed server on your own VPS, then you can go with Cyberpanel.

My experience with Cyberpanel
I installed it on a Linode 4gb ram package
1.first few months it was awesome.
2. As traffic increased Cyberpanel starts hanging while accessing, I tried all possible way to manage, after all I have to go for the paid support of Cyberpanel, and then, they told me that I should buy a pro package of the Litespeed server which is out of my budget.

Before I decide what to do, the database crashed and I have to go through a lot of work to restore the site.
A total fail.
after that, I found the TMD Hosting spent 93$ and hosted 6 sites with Litespeed cache for WP and all are fine now.
with tmd hosting I m using:-
Cloudflare
Statically for image and wp core files CDN
Litespeed cache plugin for wp

and these are enough for fast loading and google page speed.

Hope this info helps you decide.

TIP: in case, if you make your mind to buy a hosting plan from TMD, just chat with sales guy and ask for a promo offer, they'll do some at the time.

Remove Affiliate link by tuton012

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sysads
I have been hearing a lot about litespeed and was wondering if I can setup a woocommerce store with it. If so which provider can I use at a low budget.

Thanks
Hello @sysads,

CyberPanel can be used for a VPS, but it gets slower down the road a lot as @akaryan2015 has mentioned previously. Also, LiteSpeed Enterprise is quite costly and doesn't really make sense for 1 website. If your WooCommerce store is just new, I would suggest going with something like 2GB or 3GB RAM and at least a core. You can always upgrade later when you start getting sales and traffic! Also, once you start growing consider a VPS with Apache+NginX which works much better as compared to LiteSpeed if the setup has been done correctly!

Hi @prasad0889 @akaryan2015

i have just recently purchased a one month contabo vps SSD for to test this for the woocommerce store. Based on searched, I ended up installing Webmin and Virtualmin pannel.

I am currently installing a new wordpress and then will do a restore of my woocommerce backup.

If I may ask, should I be concerned about security or hacking. contabo did say they have security implemented on their platform so i take it I should be fine?

Hey @sysads,
Sorry, but I have never tried Webmin or Virtualmin so cannot comment on it! Contabo is a big provider, and they have their security in place, but as the VPS is unmanaged, you will be responsible to make sure that the firewall is set up well, keep only the used ports open, etc.
Also, make sure you use Fail2Ban so that brute-forcing IPs are banned automatically. Rest server optimization can be done via Google Search! Wish you all the best!

Reactions: Alison and sysads
i don't understand you guys, why are you using a control panel on your VPS? you don't even have enough resource.. Are you planning to have 8 Gb ram? i don't think so..
If you want to go with 2gbram 2vcpu Install on Ubuntu 20.04 lts lemp with php fastcgi fpm plus redis object cache and then properly install and configure w3 total cache you will have fast as Shopify store. Don't forget to use CDN if you are a customer all around the world

again don't use any control panel go to the education section download linux cml videos if you have 10 bucks go to udemy buy 10 courses and learn how to manage linux i suggest go with ubuntu its more friendly and easy to manage

and then again buy 10 courses for nginx mysql php then refund them :D

again if you use a control panel doesn't matter what Cpanel Plesk cyber panel webmin you name it they will suck your RAM almost 1.5gb not less then. ( EDIT Do not install PHP myadmin into your VPS use mysql mariadb command line it also sucks good amount of ram )

LEARNN LINUXXXXXXX
dont need to afraid from command line ones you start to using you will love it and then you will start to learn kali linux and then you will understand who is brute forcing your XMLRPC, DDosing your Wordpress server or brute forcing login.php you will learn how to denny all connection and ban them it is fun...

Or you can use https://centminmod.com/ its command based , you will learn alot along the way
also their forum is full with tutorials on how to setup everything by your self

they have scripts specific to wordpress which include every optimization you can think of

Or https://www.aapanel.com/ its faster than any other panel i have tested and it doesn't require a lot of resource
I would recommend installing the Chinese version (More features and updated)

Or you can use https://centminmod.com/ its command based , you will learn alot along the way
also their forum is full with tutorials on how to setup everything by your self

they have scripts specific to wordpress which include every optimization you can think of

Or https://www.aapanel.com/ its faster than any other panel i have tested and it doesn't require a lot of resource
I would recommend installing the Chinese version (More features and updated)

I don't like a stack with limitation and things like out of control cant manage by yourself or choice which software you want to use it.
But it easy to start with for beginners.

@sysads This might be slightly off topic, but if budget is one of your concern, try OpenLiteSpeed (OLS), it's free, and use DigitalOcean 1-click install droplet. It's cheap, and they've setup the droplet with Ubuntu + OLS + WP + LScache plugin. You need to tweak the caching a bit, especially cleanup. But other than that, it's good to go.

Litespeed is fantastic. With efficient loadtime and server side object caching you will run some of the fastest web applications with your server. Go for it!

I will talk about LiteSpeed with a good base since I have been using it for almost 2 years. Before I apologize because I use Google Translator and I do not know that I could be typing wrong.

Well, the first thing you have to know is that for Wordpress there is no Server that manages it better than LiteSpeed and I'll tell you why ...

1. The cache is brutally impressive, in a battle with WP Rocket with the best Optimization in both cases, LiteSpeed gives between 5% to 35% more pages delivered in X time vs WP-Rocket. And this having a store with Woocommerce and at least 20 plugins installed, I tell you from experience.

2. LiteSpeed as a Web Server is much better than Apache and also much more secure, the way it manages requests and keeps the session in memory guarantees you more visits without a 503 error.

3. Maintains compatibility with HTACCESS but not its vulnerabilities.

4. Free Image Optimization Service. Yes, I know it sounds more of the same, but this optimization can also be a conversion from the format to WebP if you wish, which will guarantee that your images have less weight and are delivered more efficiently, it should be noted that on occasions the WebP format can be -50% or less of the original image size in JPEG.

5. Be able to combine all CSS / JS files into 1 single file.

6. Object Cache. A quick cache of your DB with non-sensitive information that helps you increase performance.

7. All this works on the Server side, it is not like WP-Rocket that needs to run a PHP for everything to work, in LiteSpeed the server waits for the optimization order and returns the Optimized content.

8. There are many things that in addition to the above I could talk to you but this would already be too extensive.

If you are looking for a good hosting for your projects, I recommend you blindly: BANAHOSTING. That it has an excellent service and response times of 10min for most tickets. Furthermore, its entire infrastructure is based on LiteSpeed + CloudLinuxOS + KernelCare + Imunify360 + Softaculous + JetBackup + Much much more, In summary, you will have performance, security and many payment software at your disposal.

That's all, I know it took a long time but it inspired me a bit hahahaha.

Bye bye.

Reactions: danielpk

Thanks
If you need hosting, I can assist you. To answer your question, yes. You can run Woocommerce on lightspeed server. Litespeed is much faster than apache. I have joined forces with Babiato to offer a special hosting plan which may fit your needs, checkout the link below:

I bought super cheap VPS from Racknerd and have one site per VPS. For one site (unlimited subdomains) you get a free Litespeed Enterprise license (limit 2GB Memory.)

I am running Cyberpanel and Litespeed for a year or so and am super super happy with it.

Reactions: Orwa
I called to verify information about Racknerd and no one answered. Will check again within 24 hours. The cheap VPS come with no security features, the DDOS protection ones cost more and is usually not sufficient. Most people do not have the time to manage a VPS and the security needs, and patches and updates.

These are some of the reasons you should choose LiteMere. We have what most people need. Most people do not need unlimited anything. Nothing is unlimited. Anything listed as unlimited is too good to be true. That is why at LiteMere, we have limits and make adjustments upon our customers request to what is reasonable.

Choose LiteMere.

I will talk about LiteSpeed with a good base since I have been using it for almost 2 years. Before I apologize because I use Google Translator and I do not know that I could be typing wrong.

Well, the first thing you have to know is that for Wordpress there is no Server that manages it better than LiteSpeed and I'll tell you why ...

1. The cache is brutally impressive, in a battle with WP Rocket with the best Optimization in both cases, LiteSpeed gives between 5% to 35% more pages delivered in X time vs WP-Rocket. And this having a store with Woocommerce and at least 20 plugins installed, I tell you from experience.

2. LiteSpeed as a Web Server is much better than Apache and also much more secure, the way it manages requests and keeps the session in memory guarantees you more visits without a 503 error.

3. Maintains compatibility with HTACCESS but not its vulnerabilities.

4. Free Image Optimization Service. Yes, I know it sounds more of the same, but this optimization can also be a conversion from the format to WebP if you wish, which will guarantee that your images have less weight and are delivered more efficiently, it should be noted that on occasions the WebP format can be -50% or less of the original image size in JPEG.

5. Be able to combine all CSS / JS files into 1 single file.

6. Object Cache. A quick cache of your DB with non-sensitive information that helps you increase performance.

7. All this works on the Server side, it is not like WP-Rocket that needs to run a PHP for everything to work, in LiteSpeed the server waits for the optimization order and returns the Optimized content.

8. There are many things that in addition to the above I could talk to you but this would already be too extensive.

If you are looking for a good hosting for your projects, I recommend you blindly: BANAHOSTING. That it has an excellent service and response times of 10min for most tickets. Furthermore, its entire infrastructure is based on LiteSpeed + CloudLinuxOS + KernelCare + Imunify360 + Softaculous + JetBackup + Much much more, In summary, you will have performance, security and many payment software at your disposal.

That's all, I know it took a long time but it inspired me a bit hahahaha.

Bye bye.
Did you have a tutorial reference for setting up Litespeed cache plugin for woocommerce or WordPress blog?

Even if my hosting is on LightSpeed i use a vps from them and ask them to install and configure slickstack. Once it is configured you will need no cache plugins. Because the optimization is at the kernel level as well as special cache snippets. You will love it.
My vps is only 1 gb ram...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock