• While creating requests or asking for support in the existing XenForo threads please maintain XenForo support policy strictly.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Latest Xenforo vs IPB - System Resource Usage - 2021

BlueDragon69

Jan 4, 2021
I need to know the average system resource usage of both the best paid forum platform Xenforo vs IPB. I know this was discussed before but they are too old now, lot of things changed for sure. What are the best (lower is better) forum platform in terms of hosting system resource usage?

On the metrics of,
Requests per visits, CPU usage, page speed on fresh installation, average ram usage, concurrent user loads.

Thanks,
Blue Dragon 🐉

Reactions: DarKMaSk
I am already using xenforo. But I'm thinking to open another community/forum website. Should I use IPB or xenforo. I am looking forward to IBP as I never used it.

IBP is very nice to use and easy.

What I don't like is that themes and plugins updates are very slow after a new IBP release comes out. Sometimes it can take months.
Do not update IBP till all your plugins and theme are updated.

I only played around with it a few times.

What I don't like is that themes and plugins updates are very slow after a new IBP release comes out. Sometimes it can take months.

Very good point my friend.. also anything about the resource usage in, same scenario .. is there any advantage of using IPB regarding this

Very good point my friend.. also anything about the resource usage in, same scenario .. is there any advantage of using IPB regarding this
Because in xenforo my cpu sometimes hits the bucket 🤪 I did a little optimization and it's fine now

I need to know the average system resource usage of both the best paid forum platform Xenforo vs IPB. I know this was discussed before but they are too old now, lot of things changed for sure. What are the best (lower is better) forum platform in terms of hosting system resource usage?

On the metrics of,
Requests per visits, CPU usage, page speed on fresh installation, average ram usage, concurrent user loads.

Thanks,
Blue Dragon 🐉
Very good question. I want to know that too. I don't know if there is any add-on of Xenforo which can show this.

@BlueDragon69 I would use that script only, on which I would get proper support. As I use only nulled version and from this forum I get huge support for Xenforo only, I will use that instead of IPB.

Very good question. I want to know that too. I don't know if there is any add-on of Xenforo which can show this.

Does WordPress shows such kind of things ?? Nooooooooooo . . .

The more services runs on background eats up the server resources as well, and you guys are skipping this very important part.

You should have cPanel, admin panel etc for such purposes, please don't make unnecessary additional load inside XenForo (same for WordPress) , let it have less load weight as much as possible.

Just for sake "others are saying" / "it looks cool" / "it's good" don't become fool by considering such stupid choice.

On my boards, WP websites I use minimalist addon as possible to make it less load .

But people nowadays have become ...................... what to way, I just don't reply to such .

• Love
Even I have seen people using variants of plugins this and that for very small small things which could have been done using just CSS or even better .

But no, "he is saying he uses this , so it is right" have become morality today .

Does WordPress shows such kind of things ?? Nooooooooooo . . .

The more services runs on background eats up the server resources as well, and you guys are skipping this very important part.

You should have cPanel, admin panel etc for such purposes, please don't make unnecessary additional load inside XenForo (same for WordPress) , let it have less load weight as much as possible.

Just for sake "others are saying" / "it looks cool" / "it's good" don't become fool by considering such stupid choice.

On my boards, WP websites I use minimalist addon as possible to make it less load .

But people nowadays have become ...................... what to way, I just don't reply to such .
That's why I always against of using tons of plugins. They put load and even vulnerabilities to the core script. Just as an example, I had a very very long conversation with @frizzel on making a customized user dashboard in WordPress and restrict the client to see and use those sections (and eventually messing up) which he has no use and doesn't need to. Some members asked me to use some plugins but I followed the guidance of @frizzel and stick to the creation of a 'mu-plugin' for a custom clean dashboard and some custom cosmetic changes which will not put any load at all and will not cause any vulnerability as it is not messing with any core file of WordPress. But, for imposing restriction, I had to use a third-party plugin because as I am not very good at coding, I had to use it. But this restriction part can be achievable using functions and filters. So, @BlueDragon69 if you can code, then stick to it which will help on low resource usage, but if you are like me, then ask the masters here on how to achieve your goal using minimum plugin. Actually, ask them about how to achieve your goal and tell them whether you can code or not and they will guide you through the process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock