• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Is it possible to change only Homepage URL in WordPress?

I think it's impossible. I tried it just now on localhost and it's gave me fatal error. LOL

But I guess you can setup multiple pages, name it "en", "es", "Jpn", etc. with different languages

set the wordpress default to en in "reading tab" as the static homepage, and if you have visitor from other country, lead them to other page with different language from the homepage.

It's actually possible to only redirect the homepage to page, using code like this in the function:

Code:
function redirect_homepage() {
    if( ! is_home() && ! is_front_page() )
        return;

wp_redirect( 'https://yourWP.com/en/', 301 );
    exit;
}

add_action( 'template_redirect', 'redirect_homepage' );

And when people access that page, just set it as a homepage within your builder/theme ability. So it will display blog posts, archives, etc. I tried in localhost and it worked. People will never be able to access the real homepage without the "en" though...

Last edited:
It's actually possible to only redirect the homepage to page, using code like this in the function:

Code:
        return;

exit;
}

And when people access that page, just set it as a homepage within your builder/theme ability. So it will display blog posts, archives, etc. I tried in localhost and it worked. People will never be able to access the real homepage without the "en" though...
Thank you for giving me your precious time with detailed explanation.

Just create home page named en .... and do not set static page as home page in settings. Now use this home page link use in menu bar and in logo also... then home link will show /en ...

This is a simple redirect issue. How to acheive it.

1. Create the page (eg: /en)
2. Set the homepage to any different page at the settings area.
3. Redirect homepage to the /en page.

If you get redirect loops kindly check and make sure you didn't do the redirects more than ones.

Let's know when it works. Enjoy.

Reactions: shezzy2015
Yes, it's possible with redirects, but redirects are a very bad idea if not absolutely necessary. So, I wonder why you would want this.
Because my homepage is removed from Google but others posts and pages are indexing properly.

I want to know if i redirect homepage to en/ then is it good in the eye of Google in terms of SEO.

Code:
        return;

exit;
}

Yes, This works like a charm. Thank you buddy but i want to know that is it safe for SEO?

Reactions: whitebee
Yes, This works like a charm. Thank you buddy but i want to know that is it safe for SEO?

I'm not SEO expert so I can't give you any definite answer 😅
but I think it won't be a problem, as it's 301 redirection, it would be assumed you've permanently change address and will pass all the link juices to the new address.

Reactions: guguk
Because my homepage is removed from Google but others posts and pages are indexing properly.

I want to know if i redirect homepage to en/ then is it good in the eye of Google in terms of SEO.
Then I would first investigate why it was removed and remedy that instead of this redirect "band aid". Because, if Google has removed your Home Page for a legitimate reason and detects you're trying to circumvent that, you risk to loose indexing for your entire site.

Don't try to be 'more clever' than Google, just don't.

Then I would first investigate why it was removed and remedy that instead of this redirect "band aid". Because, if Google has removed your Home Page for a legitimate reason and detects you're trying to circumvent that, you risk to loose indexing for your entire site.

Don't try to be 'more clever' than Google, just don't.
Sorry for inconvenient but i forgot to mention that my homepage was removed due to DMCA complain by someone not directly by Google.

Will it safe now to do that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock