• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I need help installing cyberpanel on vps by namecheap.

IamGit

May 4, 2022
I am try to install cyberpanel on cento8 using putty but the terminal isnt responding to the commands I am typing. What could I be doing wrong?

Hi @IamGit,

Are you using Centos 8? It's already EOL, you should use in this case AlmaLinux 8 or in my experience it's better to use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Thank you. Shoul I pick Ubuntu 20.04 LAMP (64-bit) or Ubuntu 20.04 blank (64-bit) ?
No, It should be in your case the blank installation I think. Often it's also called minimal installation, depending on the provider.
If you use LAMP, it's already with Apache and MySQL and probably the installscript will fail....
The installscript of Cyberpanel will install the Lightspeed server and will also do all the installation of MySQL, FTP, ect.

No, It should be in your case the blank installation I think. Often it's also called minimal installation, depending on the provider.
If you use LAMP, it's already with Apache and MySQL and probably the installscript will fail....
The installscript of Cyberpanel will install the Lightspeed server and will also do all the installation of MySQL, FTP, ect.
I have installed ubuntu blank. Putty commands are still not working. I have tried running
# wget -O installer.sh https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh

do you get a welcome message from your server? a password prompt or anything? Are you connected to the server?

so many other better options other than namecheap VPS. but for a start you will need to make sure your ssh port is open. IF its not you will need to open it.
normally they have built in panel in management console (im not sure about namecheap)

you will try login from there. make sure your username as root and password is correct. add additional userid and give sudo group to that new userid.

I normally use debian 10/11 or ubuntu20.
update the OS and make sure you have install additional command such as wget, curl, etc

pm your credentials, I can install it for you. It should be a newly installed blank server without any stack.

so many other better options other than namecheap VPS. but for a start you will need to make sure your ssh port is open. IF its not you will need to open it.
normally they have built in panel in management console (im not sure about namecheap)

you will try login from there. make sure your username as root and password is correct. add additional userid and give sudo group to that new userid.

I normally use debian 10/11 or ubuntu20.
update the OS and make sure you have install additional command such as wget, curl, etc
What are some of the options you recommend?

SOLVED: Many thanks to everyone who helped. I was able to install cyberpanel successfully. Thank you very much.

From my own experience, I would recommend looking into manager hyper v. For me, this is the best option in this situation because Hyper-V is very convenient and safe for managing a host or a virtual machine.

From my own experience, I would recommend looking into manager hyper v. For me, this is the best option in this situation because Hyper-V is very convenient and safe for managing a host or a virtual machine.
We have used Hyper-V in the past and still do for windows based servers, but for Linux Servers, it does not make sense.

Anytime I will suggest you any of these 2 free VPS panels.
- This does have inbuilt email hosting and SMTP setup.

- This is so fast and vanilla; my favorite.

For step-by-step VPS setup tutorials check this Boss:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock