• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I need help guys...

Hi buddy..what do you mean transfer nameservers to xampp? hmmm, they are different...nameservers are servers which performs domain lookups based on requested ip addresses while xampp is a web server software you installed in your local computer so you can create websites locally...hth...

it's possible but a bit tricky to get working. Do you have a dedicated IP for your connection?

Reactions: XZNT
Hi buddy..what do you mean transfer nameservers to xampp? hmmm, they are different...nameservers are servers which performs domain lookups based on requested ip addresses while xampp is a web server software you installed in your local computer so you can create websites locally...hth...
I ported it to be a public server. :)

Do i essentially have to enable hostname lookups?

I have ported my public ip to xampp, so yeah.

Your not following me. Your home connection has to be a dedicated IP, it can't be one that is public as if your power loss happens then it's a new IP and your site goes down. So hence you need a solid NEVER changing IP otherwise it's pointless to "port" your nameservers to your home IP address.

Once you have that which not many companies provide those for home accounts, might have to get a business account or simply buy hosting and leave it at that since those are designed to run 24/7/365 and has backup power in case of an issue.

So again, bad idea to try to run it on your home connection.

Your not following me. Your home connection has to be a dedicated IP, it can't be one that is public as if your power loss happens then it's a new IP and your site goes down. So hence you need a solid NEVER changing IP otherwise it's pointless to "port" your nameservers to your home IP address.

Once you have that which not many companies provide those for home accounts, might have to get a business account or simply buy hosting and leave it at that since those are designed to run 24/7/365 and has backup power in case of an issue.

So again, bad idea to try to run it on your home connection.
Thanks for the follow up, but thats really not the subject, i asked how not why. So if you have a solution id be thankful.

Thanks for the follow up, but thats really not the subject, i asked how not why. So if you have a solution id be thankful.

Are you kidding me? I am telling you how by NOT doing it. You obviously don't see the reasons as to why it's not an ideal thing to do. Also how to do it is by getting a DEDICATED IP for your home connection, so if you have to reboot then your IP is the SAME IP as it was before.

Solution - DON'T do it and if your unwilling to see the costs out weight the benefits of killing your PC compared to hardware designed to be ran 24/7/365 then your ignorance will be the downfall of your system and money loss.

Are you kidding me? I am telling you how by NOT doing it. You obviously don't see the reasons as to why it's not an ideal thing to do. Also how to do it is by getting a DEDICATED IP for your home connection, so if you have to reboot then your IP is the SAME IP as it was before.

Solution - DON'T do it and if your unwilling to see the costs out weight the benefits of killing your PC compared to hardware designed to be ran 24/7/365 then your ignorance will be the downfall of your system and money loss.
Okay so if i happen TO ACTUALLY DO IT, how do i do it? I respect your worries and points to negative things, but that really doesnt provide any solution to my problem here.

I ported it to be a public server. :)
oh i see buddy...you have to create an entry in xampp's httpd conf file with your ip then in your hosts, add like: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hostname...if you want to access your xampp server outside your lan, you have to open your router firewall's port 80/443...

Okay so if i happen TO ACTUALLY DO IT, how do i do it? I respect your worries and points to negative things, but that really doesnt provide any solution to my problem here.

oh i see buddy...you have to create an entry in xampp's httpd conf file with your ip then in your hosts, add like: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hostname...if you want to access your xampp server outside your lan, you have to open your router firewall's port 80/443...

Deldave has the right process.

As for a solution, start off by getting a dedicated IP address for your home connection. Once you obtain that, then you can make the nameservers in the domain, it might allow you to make it with just 1 IP or might need 2, hopefully it will be 1. After that then you need to do the editing of the host and httpd conf file to have the nameservers for the domain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock