• While creating requests or asking for support in the existing XenForo threads please maintain XenForo support policy strictly.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to post without the description?

BaapJaan

In the search for knowledge
Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
GiveAway Master
Mar 21, 2020
Hello,
Is it possible to create a thread with only the title on a specific node without the description?
I have a Q&A section on my forum. Most of the Question are single line & doesn’t have description to describe.
So, I wanted to make the description box optional.
Thanks.

Yes you can disable totally meta desciption in whole website or for one page but
I suggest that make it auto-description like "Question about %%title%%" or " Answers for %%title%%" you can make as you want but entered something better than empty description, I think.

Yes you can disable totally meta desciption in whole website or for one page but
I suggest that make it auto-description like "Question about %%title%%" or " Answers for %%title%%" you can make as you want but entered something better than empty description, I think.
I think you didn’t get my question.
I am not talking about meta descriptions or any SEO-related terms.

I think you didn’t get my question.
I am not talking about meta descriptions or any SEO-related terms.
Oh my fault, i did not read properly. Sorry.
You mean that users already asking their questions in "title" and no need to repeat or describe in "content" area, right?

Not sure if this is applicable to the thing you want to do as I've not worked with xenforo
See this

• Love
Reactions: BaapJaan
Oh my fault, i did not read properly. Sorry.
You mean that users already asking their questions in "title" and no need to repeat or describe in "content" area, right?
Yeah, that’s correct.

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
Not sure if this is applicable to the thing you want to do as I've not worked with xenforo
See this
Ahh! this is not what I want.
It's not CSS thing.

I don't know if you can add a rule that says threads under this section should not show any description, even adding css is applicable to it or not

@DatDudeUpStairs it's visual, what I am looking for.
I wanted to create a thread without writing any description.

chrome-capture-2022-11-20-min.gif

Hello,
Is it possible to create a thread with only the title on a specific node without the description?
I have a Q&A section on my forum. Most of the Question are single line & doesn’t have description to describe.
So, I wanted to make the description box optional.
Thanks.
It is possible to create a thread with only a title on Xenforo 2. You can do this by setting the "Minimum post length" option to 0 in the forum's permissions. This will allow users to create threads with only a title and no post body.

To make the description box optional, you can modify the Xenforo template to remove the required attribute from the input field for the thread description. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Go to the Admin Control Panel and navigate to the "Styles & Templates" section.
  2. Select the style that you want to edit from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
  3. In the left-hand sidebar, click on "Templates" to expand the list of templates.
  4. Find the "thread_create" template and click on it to open it for editing.
  5. Find the line of code that defines the input field for the thread description. It should look something like this:
Code:
<input type="text" name="description" class="textCtrl" value="{$description}" placeholder="{xen:phrase thread_description}" required="required" />

1. Remove the "required" attribute from this line of code so that it looks like this:
Code:
<input type="text" name="description" class="textCtrl" value="{$description}" placeholder="{xen:phrase thread_description}" />

1. Save the changes to the template and the description field will no longer be required when creating a new thread.
Keep in mind that modifying templates can have unintended consequences and may cause your forum to behave differently than expected. It is always a good idea to back up your forum and test any changes carefully before making them live.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock