• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How many websites under a VPS server of 5 core CPU, 10 gb RAM?

Iron-Man

Babiato Lover
Oct 9, 2019
India
I have a very fast vps server of 10 gb RAM, 150 gb ssd drive, 5 core CPU. How many woocommerce websites I can have here without any performance issue. Note that each store will have very low traffics like 50-100 daily hits only.

I know it can't be predictable perfectly as each website will have different resource usages. I just want to know the approximate value, like 10 or 20 or 30 websites,,,such type of suggetions.

Thanks in advance.

You can't really tell VPS performance untill you run some stress tests. You are on shared environment. I run 4 movie websites with some 50 000 daily uniques on a less powerful VPS. But again, it depends on how many people on the server and how they behave.

I have a very fast vps server of 10 gb RAM, 150 gb ssd drive, 5 core CPU. How many woocommerce websites I can have here without any performance issue. Note that each store will have very low traffics like 50-100 daily hits only.

I know it can't be predictable perfectly as each website will have different resource usages. I just want to know the approximate value, like 10 or 20 or 30 websites,,,such type of suggetions.

Thanks in advance.
i dont about predictable

But if you host more than 7 website, all the websites start to load slow.

I have same vps config, 8 websited hosted.
some website loads real slow.

You can't really tell VPS performance untill you run some stress tests. You are on shared environment. I run 4 movie websites with some 50 000 daily uniques on a less powerful VPS. But again, it depends on how many people on the server and how they behave.
Is there any way to make some stress tests for free..

Which control panel do you use?

Thanks in advance.

Here is some free tools:

First make sure the websites are properly optimized by using Gtmetrix, Google page speed insight, or and Pingdom.
Then you would want to test the server's capability to handle a load, that's where LoadImpact comes in. You would simulate traffic by the number of users, and then monitor how the server's performance is holding up.

I have always done this when working on e-commerce sites...you have to keep in mind, running that many numbers of e-commerce sites from a single VPS might not always produce optimal performance across all sites.

Test, and optimize as you go.

No know can tell you what hardware can fit for you.
Because why?
Its depend on your :
VPS Hardware
Connection speed
Customer location Base
Wordpress Plugins numbers
Server-side Caching
Your DOMAIN DNS speed ( yes may you never think about DONT BUY FROM NAMECHEAP - google or AWS or cloudflare )
Web level caching - redis object cache - php opcache
Server running with what operation, which web server software will be using? what other software installed the server? I hated control panel plus php my admin, those are sucks your vps ram.MAnage your vps on CML

So list goes to MARS :)

One more,
Please tell me which cloud provider are you talking about those hardware 10gb ram 5vcpu your vps server.
I tell you real cost of those hardware with internet speed and bandwith
Real vCpu 5
Real 10GB Ram all no shared with others
2gbps net 5tb bandwith
it will cost around 100-150USD per months, so do yourself math
What im trying to say? all the cloud provider not big one ( Google,AWS )
lying all people and people dont know what they get for them money. Like you.
When you rent a virtural place in some computer, you are renting with 20 to 100 people together.
Those hardware are Big cloud provider giving you direct virtural resource. Not like shared cheap vultr linode or other check the price panel if no additional segments says dedicated resource then yes they are also tricking you

Go to google cloud and check the compute price and information they have two plans one is shared one is full dedicated resource.
Same as AWS, Digitalocean too.

So even you setup Lemp stack no control panel, no phpmyadmin everything managing by hands and install wordpress with few plugin you code your theme, one day one guy ( your neighbor :)) will run a SQL query 30 seconds your all website will gonna freeze like dead corpse

so what you can do?
Amazon Cloud start to give people 300 bucks for 1 year you can registired and create a ec2
or google cloud 300 bucks giving for 3 months. try them. Install everyting manually and hardering your sever and web.

Install Those stack
Ubuntu 20.04
LEMP
Fail2ban
redis
php extends
opcache
ufw
WPCLI
wordpress plugins etc etc
hardening your server and wordpress

NO Postfix NO Control Panel NO PHP MY ADMIN never..

After you did everything correctly You will have decent speed and your server will not handle so many times because of the caching if the request came directly to your server can handle 2500 CONCURRENT USER yes same time amazing right? :) but for be sure do load testing and open on CMLI htop with top and check the results.

good luck

Last edited:
loader.io for free stress test
litespeed enterprise will handle literally hudreds of websites your issue will be handling php requests and mysql database calls, it will not handle more than 100 domains properly if it is setup correctly due to database. I have seen some hosting companies running 1000domains with 1 server again it all depends on the demand on bandwith, diskspace, how much traffic these sites have etc..

Reactions: mader
No know can tell you what hardware can fit for you.
Because why?
Its depend on your :
VPS Hardware
Connection speed
Customer location Base
Wordpress Plugins numbers
Server-side Caching
Your DOMAIN DNS speed ( yes may you never think about DONT BUY FROM NAMECHEAP - google or AWS or cloudflare )
Web level caching - redis object cache - php opcache
Server running with what operation, which web server software will be using? what other software installed the server? I hated control panel plus php my admin, those are sucks your vps ram.MAnage your vps on CML

So list goes to MARS :)

One more,
Please tell me which cloud provider are you talking about those hardware 10gb ram 5vcpu your vps server.
I tell you real cost of those hardware with internet speed and bandwith
Real vCpu 5
Real 10GB Ram all no shared with others
2gbps net 5tb bandwith
it will cost around 100-150USD per months, so do yourself math
What im trying to say? all the cloud provider not big one ( Google,AWS )
lying all people and people dont know what they get for them money. Like you.
When you rent a virtural place in some computer, you are renting with 20 to 100 people together.
Those hardware are Big cloud provider giving you direct virtural resource. Not like shared cheap vultr linode or other check the price panel if no additional segments says dedicated resource then yes they are also tricking you

Go to google cloud and check the compute price and information they have two plans one is shared one is full dedicated resource.
Same as AWS, Digitalocean too.

So even you setup Lemp stack no control panel, no phpmyadmin everything managing by hands and install wordpress with few plugin you code your theme, one day one guy ( your neighbor :)) will run a SQL query 30 seconds your all website will gonna freeze like dead corpse

so what you can do?
Amazon Cloud start to give people 300 bucks for 1 year you can registired and create a ec2
or google cloud 300 bucks giving for 3 months. try them. Install everyting manually and hardering your sever and web.

Install Those stack
Ubuntu 20.04
LEMP
Fail2ban
redis
php extends
opcache
ufw
WPCLI
wordpress plugins etc etc
hardening your server and wordpress

NO Postfix NO Control Panel NO PHP MY ADMIN never..

After you did everything correctly You will have decent speed and your server will not handle so many times because of the caching if the request came directly to your server can handle 2500 CONCURRENT USER yes same time amazing right? :) but for be sure do load testing and open on CMLI htop with top and check the results.

good luck

Thanks @simplysexyboy for the knowledge dump bro! Appreciated!

A few questions to be sure I understood you well?
- You say that namecheap DNS servers are significantly slower than Google, AWS or Cloudflare? How can I test that? Simple ping? Something more evolved?
- "Manage your vps on CML": You mean command line right?
- " 100-150USD per months": I suppose its the guaranted bandwidth that makes it expensive right?
- "2gbps net 5tb bandwith": 2gbps is the guaranted bandwidth and 5tb is the cap? If not what does the 5tb mean?
- You advise going with AWS or Google cloud servers. Dedicated Server is much cheaper. Why not advising this route?

- You say that namecheap DNS servers are significantly slower than Google, AWS or Cloudflare? How can I test that? Simple ping? Something more evolved?
- " 100-150USD per months": I suppose its the guaranted bandwidth that makes it expensive right?
- "2gbps net 5tb bandwith": 2gbps is the guaranted bandwidth and 5tb is the cap? If not what does the 5tb mean?
- You advise going with AWS or Google cloud servers. Dedicated Server is much cheaper. Why not advising this route?

Hi Bro,
1. You can use so many tools like keycdn performance test much user friendly. Or with fastorslow.com or gtmetrix waterfall even for chrome dev tools anything you want.
Check this out Capture.PNG
This domain bought from Namecheap. and using namecheap basic domain registirad DNS server. Namecheap also provides premium DNS https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9654/2231/what-is-premiumdns but don't waste your money to buy this service. crap Useless.
I cant provide you my cloudflare domain name for an obvious reason :) so can't show you the difference. But the number will be less no more then 10ms for any other country in the world.
You have two option :
A.Buy from cheap domain registirad and then use Route53 to setup your dns record or use cloudflare as a reverse proxy. --- But i must warn you if you choice to buy from cheap domain registirad and then proxy your dns record from other service provider you will have dns latency slow down.
B.Directly from Amazon Cloudflare Google.

2.Yes CML is linux command line.

3.check out my profile i have shared giveway oppurtunity topic for Amazon 300bucks last for 6 months.its free..
For VPS Digital ocean guaranteed they say 2gbps but i never get more then 500mbps when i talk with them they say bla bla. bandwith is currently allowed amount of data transfer,easy description you have 100concurrenct user your website 5mb of total data that means 500mb.

5.dedicated server is expensive. i was using way before 2005 for a ultima online2d game server but now cloud system has very good opputrutiniy. Its cheap and fast. and there is no downtime like a dedicated server for hardware issues.

Before all the things you must sure for WordPress theme and plugins as i mention previously
wordpress is not bad dog, owner is bad :)

All the themeforest theme multiporpse so many feature they adding, and they use frameworks like boostrap jquery.Because of the developing time. Use boostrap just 30 minutes you can finish the theme. But there is a big downway .Boostrap same like any other frameworks like Jquery its come with the 10k lines of javascript and sooo many css class you will never will be using and this is the bloating WordPress system plus making so many HTTP requests.

So find a good devp let him code purse CSS3 HTML5 SASS Vanilla javascript and php no any frameworks. Or study yourself you will be a good within 6 months.

for testing dns speed you can go to solvedns.com

Reactions: rachidjunk
@simplysexyboy I'm a bit sceptic on the economic equation of AWS/Google and co.
I mean look at these prices at OVH. You have some decent configuration with 1Gbps guaranteed well under $200/month.
And those are cloud instances. I'm pretty sure that on OVH dedicated servers you could have much higher specs for the same prices (Unfortunately I haven't found prices for guaranteed bandwidth for OVH dedicated servers on public pages).

Their BlackFriday page lists some se** offers on dedicated servers.

When I played this afternoon with the GCP calculator to have an price estimation I was like OMG!
By the way, I've always found pricing at those big guys to be extremely confusing (hence the calculator).
Now I may be missing something semi-obvious as I'm new to this

@simplysexyboy I'm a bit sceptic on the economic equation of AWS/Google and co.
I mean look at these prices at OVH. You have some decent configuration with 1Gbps guaranteed well under $200/month.
And those are cloud instances. I'm pretty sure that on OVH dedicated servers you could have much higher specs for the same prices (Unfortunately I haven't found prices for guaranteed bandwidth for OVH dedicated servers on public pages).

Their BlackFriday page lists some se** offers on dedicated servers.

When I played this afternoon with the GCP calculator to have an price estimation I was like OMG!
By the way, I've always found pricing at those big guys to be extremely confusing (hence the calculator).
Now I may be missing something semi-obvious as I'm new to this

I'm not paying AWS, nor you should!
Just basically apply for a Developer 300bucks credit it has 6 months expiration date...

Go ahead and claim your 300bucks credit from AWS https://aws.amazon.com/tr/awscredits/

and check it out this m I paying any penny to AWS with that much service?

Capture.JPG

I'm not paying AWS, nor you should!
Just basically apply for a Developer 300bucks credit it has 6 months expiration date...

Go ahead and claim your 300bucks credit from AWS https://aws.amazon.com/tr/awscredits/

and check it out this m I paying any penny to AWS with that much service?

Capture.JPG
Credit is only valid with limited resources such as on T2 micros, not the same performance as some others, also not enough memory to run a good WordPress site, it keeps crushing due to low memory, for a personal website you can probably get by, but for a professional, commercial website AWS free services are nowhere close to being sufficient. So they are counting on you to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: danielpk
Credit is only valid with limited resources such as on T2 s, not the same performance as some others, also not enough memory to run a good WordPress site, it keeps crushing due to low memory, for a personal website you can probably get by, but for a professional, commercial website AWS free services are nowhere close to being sufficient. So they are counting on you to pay.

Wrong.

I'm an agency who provide Woocommerce store to clients.

1vcpu 2Gb Ram Ubuntu20 Nginx, PHP7.4, Mariadb , Redis. . Lightsail USA OregonWestB2
Cloudfront CDN both for Image and Assets.
Server Side caching, Redis Full Page Caching
NO WORDPRESS SPEED TWEAK!
Proper settings for SERVER SOFTWARE\
DATABASE OPTIMISATIONS.
One product store.
13 MB of the web assets
200 Concurrent user handling in one minute only with the 1800MS response time. NO WEB CACHING NO WORDPRESS TWEAK!
1 Website.
I NEVER saw RAm exceed 1GB.

Do you know why you are facing not enough RAM resources?
Please go up and read what I write.
Don't use any control panel, don't use PHP my admin, don't use Apache just go back and read what I write.

I tell you because you don't have a proper Caching hundred percent I bet.
PHP is slow like a turtle.
even if you have 8GB ram 200 concurrent users can not handle one request if hit the PHP FPM. can not handle...

Do you know what is the meaning of 200 concurrent users in 1 minute?
equal 24 hours 250k visitors can handle!

1.JPG

rESULT ONLY SERVER SIDE CACHING NO WEB SIDE CACHING OR WORDPRESS TWEAK YET

serverside cachig.jpg

So Those are after the Web Side caching and speed tweaks.
Still 10.5MB :))
115 Request...
And Server located at US OREGON WEST

Frankfurt

1.png

UK

2.png

Oh my, gush Sydney so far?

3.png

Washington DC
It's little hurt because of the CDN..

4.png

So you can see with the proof.......

@ckeeper

Wrong.

I'm an agency who provide Woocommerce store to clients.

1vcpu 2Gb Ram Ubuntu20 Nginx, PHP7.4, Mariadb , Redis. . Lightsail USA OregonWestB2
Cloudfront CDN both for Image and Assets.
Server Side caching, Redis Full Page Caching
NO WORDPRESS SPEED TWEAK!
Proper settings for SERVER SOFTWARE\
DATABASE OPTIMISATIONS.
One product store.
13 MB of the web assets
200 Concurrent user handling in one minute only with the 1800MS response time. NO WEB CACHING NO WORDPRESS TWEAK!
1 Website.
I NEVER saw RAm exceed 1GB.

Do you know why you are facing not enough RAM resources?
Please go up and read what I write.
Don't use any control panel, don't use PHP my admin, don't use Apache just go back and read what I write.

I tell you because you don't have a proper Caching hundred percent I bet.
PHP is slow like a turtle.
even if you have 8GB ram 200 concurrent users can not handle one request if hit the PHP FPM. can not handle...

Do you know what is the meaning of 200 concurrent users in 1 minute?
equal 24 hours 250k visitors can handle!

1.JPG

rESULT ONLY SERVER SIDE CACHING NO WEB SIDE CACHING OR WORDPRESS TWEAK YET

serverside cachig.jpg
Very Nice, following is showing our loader test results. We have capped it with less than 10%CPU, I believe it was a 4core 8GB instance. No cache, no tweaks, pure raw performance. 10,000 users per minute equal 24 hrs 14.4 Million per day. All on AWS but not with T2 free ones.
There are many reference about the t2 related memory issues, but here is one for you.
And this one is more extensive benchmark on those instances.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 23.19.39.png

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock