• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How many sites can I host on a VPS (4core/4GBmem)

ar_rahmany2k

Feb 1, 2021
Guys,

Need suggestion. Reseller hosting isn't cutting for me any more. I am not selling hosting just personal sites.

Thanks in advance.

Guys,

Need suggestion. Reseller hosting isn't cutting for me any more. I am not selling hosting just personal sites.

Thanks in advance.
Technically speaking you can host unlimited websites on your vps as long as you have the configured vps
but and there's a big but it's not unlimited
You can check out the daily income of visitors and the usage needed for those sites

in the best situation with the least visitors, you can host about 500 sites (mind you this is the best possibility, and with a little bit increase in visitors and usage you vps will become a deadman walking)

I suggest you host about 50 - 200 sites per vps and that also depend on their daily usage.
See if you can make amends do with an average number

Reactions: DJJigsaw
Technically speaking you can host unlimited websites on your vps as long as you have the configured vps
but and there's a big but it's not unlimited
You can check out the daily income of visitors and the usage needed for those sites

in the best situation with the least visitors, you can host about 500 sites (mind you this is the best possibility, and with a little bit increase in visitors and usage you vps will become a deadman walking)

I suggest you host about 50 - 200 sites per vps and that also depend on their daily usage.
See if you can make amends do with an average number
@This_Is_Me this is insightful and you gave a some clever clues. Any recommendation on OS? I am considering plesk as cpanel is super expensive.

It depends on 1. what type of content do those websites have 2. How much traffic are you getting? You can get away with a reasonable priced VPS for only so long. With the proper caching and image optimization it'll do you great for a long time, but as your traffic grows and you're pumping out more content you'll run into high CPU usage, storage maxing out, and maybe even too much bandwidth. To answer your question simply its a good starting point but as your websites grow in content, traffic, and bandwidth you will have to upgrade.

If you plan to host e-commerce sites using WooCommerce or similar plugins it would be ideal if you don't host more than 10 sites. The server capacity may accommodate more sites but performance would become an issue.

@This_Is_Me this is insightful and you gave a some clever clues. Any recommendation on OS? I am considering plesk as cpanel is super expensive.
it doesn't matter. you can have plesk or cpanel
whichever you are interested

But those estimations are for personal sites only not e-shops or corporate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomankazi
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock