• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How i can install AApanel over Plesk? // Reinstall Server without loose Data?

Goro88

Jun 24, 2018
Hi i want change my Server Software on my VPS Server with Alma Linux.
At the Moment im running Plesk but i want to change to AApanel.

So i looked for a way to uninstall plesk, wich is not working "Due to a Plesk Installer bug with ID PI-498, it is not possible to remove Plesk installed on Debian/Ubuntu-based distributions" -> https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213907125-How-to-uninstall-Plesk-for-Linux

So i cant install AApanel clear without having Problems with Plesk and AApanel.

Is there another way to install AApanel without loosing my Data on Server while install a new Distro?

Hi i want change my Server Software on my VPS Server with Alma Linux.
At the Moment im running Plesk but i want to change to AApanel.

So i looked for a way to uninstall plesk, wich is not working "Due to a Plesk Installer bug with ID PI-498, it is not possible to remove Plesk installed on Debian/Ubuntu-based distributions" -> https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213907125-How-to-uninstall-Plesk-for-Linux

So i cant install AApanel clear without having Problems with Plesk and AApanel.

Is there another way to install AApanel without loosing my Data on Server while install a new Distro?
hi,don't install aa panel,aa panel have a bug.
i'm installed aa panel and my data loosed.
please use plesk and don't change control panel.

any control panel need a fresh OS to be installed. can't be replaced. better to buy new machines and move existing sites there.

u must backup all your backup data then install new server and restore
any other action is very dangerous

u must backup all your backup data then install new server and restore
any other action is very dangerous
Yes, but where I can backup files at best without of danger because errors.

I can't backup files, install new Server and restore, because system will restored, too, or not?

The best solutions is order for new server and migrate all websites to new server and make sure all is running good and cancel old server

Yep, you have to delete everything and go on with a fresh start.

Take advantage of the free trial on blogvault.

If you want to be really safe, migrate your site(s) to Digital Ocean or any other VPS with trial offers, as from what it seems, yours doesn't let you create multiple instances.

I would do both to be safe, but well, I wouldn't do that change in the first place.

1) Backup everything (DB, Files and other things you may have in your server)
2) Reinstall the server (clean and fresh installation)
3) Install AAPanel and start uploading the backup

You can use other server to do it, to avoid any downtime and then move it to the new one. ;)

Yes, but where I can backup files at best without of danger because errors.

I can't backup files, install new Server and restore, because system will restored, too, or not?
No I mean full website backup not whole system

an other solution may be:
create a 2nd VPS clean only linux OS and aapanel
after that start one but one move your data and apps in to new server ..
after that done and all working 100%
stop and delete 1st server

Reactions: SySEnG
an other solution may be:
create a 2nd VPS clean only linux OS and aapanel
after that start one but one move your data and apps in to new server ..
after that done and all working 100%
that what i mean exactly

also take a full backup before delete .. you never know if there is something you miss..

what i dont like with aapanel .. their suport , fastpanel have better support
and the gui of mail server (postfix, dovecot) have issues .. i don't know is it good for production environment
personaly it dint pass my tests

1. Create Free Wasabi Storage Account

2. Connect Remote Back to you Wasabi Account

3. Back up all plesk to Wasabi

4. Reinstall VPS

5. Install Plesk

6. Restore your plesk

7. Update all your Cert etc.

But if i were you i will set new VPS, use plesk migrator to migrate it to the new VPS and destroy the old one (no way i wil go to AAPANEL, just get a cheap plesk license)

depends what you want to do .. (some other very good free are:)
  • fastpanel (wordpress, php, mariadb, exim email server) + very good free support via ticket
  • VestaCP (wordpress, php, mariadb, exim email server)
  • webmin virtualmin (wordpress, php, mariadb, postfix email server)
  • cloudpanel (wordpress, php, mariadb - static websites, PHP, Node.js and, Python applications, no mail server)

Reactions: vimobe
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock