Host a $5 Droplet in Digital Ocean for 14 Months $0.56/mo

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

wzafar

Mar 6, 2019
Just thought that this may help someone. I use this method works like a charm.

Prerequisites

• 2 Credit Cards or 2 Debit Cards or 1 Debit and 1 Credit Card.
  • Setup 2 Accounts one inviting the other and then follow below example steps.
  • You can host multiple sites in $5 Droplet.
  • My recommendation is to go with Openlitespeed or Nginx.

StepsDatesDecription
101-Jun-21Setup Account 1 on Digital Ocean
You will get $100 free as starting bonus for 60 Days
231-Jul-21Invite yourself from Account 1 to Account 2 on Digital Ocean.
On newly setup Account 2 you will also get $100 as starting Bonus for 60 Days
329-Sep-21USE $25 on Digital Ocean Account 2 using $5 Droplet will last you 5 Months.
426-Feb-22Since you Invited Account 2 from Account 1. Account 1 will get $25 Credit to be used for Another 5 Months on $5 Droplet
526-Jul-22This is where you will end up all free credits. Hopefully by that time your small site will start to make money and you can pay for your hosting yourself or repeat using another credit card or debit card.

Total cost for this way of hosting for 420 days (Approximately 14 Months) is only $25 which comes on average $0.56/mo. Enjoy.

mzak

Jan 21, 2020
1 Question, can you run medium to heavy theme woocommerce with low traffic on $5 droplet? or its too low?

wzafar

Mar 6, 2019
1 Question, can you run medium to heavy theme woocommerce with low traffic on $5 droplet? or its too low?

I believe that a light weight woo commerce theme as stand alone should work fine. I have setup a client's website which has around 100 products. So far its working out fine... I used OpenLiteServer with litespeed caching on that... for static sites I run 3 sites similar to aljazeera.com on a single $5 Droplet. Those working good as well... If you compare the costs vs what you get and the control you have for your server that is far better than getting shared hosting.... Also you can do the same if needed with a $10 server and 14 months cost per month will come around $1.12. Hope I am able to answer your question..

nobs

Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
Total cost for this way of hosting for 420 days (Approximately 14 Months) is only $25 which comes on average $0.56/mo. Enjoy.

Good day
Thank you for sharing this, but seems I'm missing something.
The first account has 100$ for 2 months, plus get $25 to pay for 5 months = that is 7 months total, where did you get your 420 days? Me I see $25 for 7 months = 3.57/month, still a good price.

Are you counting both accounts? and if yes account 2 need to invite another account, and so on to get credits, etc.

Cheers.
NoBs

wzafar

Mar 6, 2019
The first account has 100$ for 2 months, plus get $25 to pay for 5 months = that is 7 months total,
Let me try to explain like this...

ACCOUNT1 signups up, get $100, invites ACCOUNT2 and uses for 2 months free. (2 Months Received)

ACCOUNT2 activates, gets $100, and uses $25, total months 2+5=7 (7 Months Received)

since ACCOUNT2 has used as per policy $25 now ACCOUNT1 will get referral bonus of $25 (5 Months Received)

As you can see it comes to a total of 14 Months with an average cost of $0.56/mo... :)

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET THE JUICE OUT THE $100 Trial go with bigger vps like 8 GB ram or something.

Reactions: nobs

nobs

Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
Good day
Thank you very much.
I was lost because I was focusing on ACCOUNT 1, let's say if one wanna keep working with the same VPS, so still ACCOUNT 1 gets 2 + 5 = 7 months only.
You, you are explaining based on the use of both, and that is very understandable.
I used D.O before and I know they are powerful for certain projects.

Thank you very much for the clarification, my friend. (y)

Cheers.
NoBs

Reactions: wzafar

cesareborgia

Oct 19, 2020
On the other end, you can just use a VPN and create multiple $100 accounts.
When one is reaching the 60 days, time to create another one.
Cost = 0$.
At least that's what i do to keep having great servers without spending nothing.

wzafar

Mar 6, 2019
On the other end, you can just use a VPN and create multiple $100 accounts.
When one is reaching the 60 days, time to create another one.
Cost = 0$.
At least that's what i do to keep having great servers without spending nothing.
@cesareborgia Great! but how do you manage to get a new credit card every two months? That will be 6 cards a year...

cesareborgia

Oct 19, 2020
Virtual cards.
It's easy to get where i live, but nowadays you have virtual banks (Ex. Revolut) that let you create them.

cesareborgia

Oct 19, 2020
Yes.
Like i said, it's easy to get them where i live, but i've found that it is not so usual in other places.
Revolut for example is an online bank that let you create them for free.
I'm sure there's others if Revolut is not available where you live.
And obviously, it's useful for many other things.