• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[ HELP PLS ] If i reset a wordpress site and Install new theme with previous content, Will it affect my rankings?

parthjuneja

Banned User
Oct 19, 2020
Pluto
I was making articles on pages earlier. I was reviewing affiliate products using pages instead of posts. The changes I am making on that site are:

1) Change the theme which is more blogging friendly. (Astra --> OceanWP)
2) Convert pages to post with the same tags, meta, and content.
3) Resetting the old site and adding an ALLINONE Migration file of my new theme with old content.

First of all thanks for helping. Do you recommend this and tell me how the transition gonna affect it.

If i reset a wordpress site and Install new theme with previous content, Will it affect my rankings?
-I do not think so
with condition: url, title, article, date create/update, author, meta descripton, and schema do not change :)

• Love
Reactions: parthjuneja
Are you tend to import again your content?
Be sure not to change any url's and while you doing this use a plugin to give a "503" to google bots -"under maintenance".
Keep a backup as an alternative if you want to restore your site.
Okay I have done it. Now the URL is the same as earlier. Updated the sitemap. If that is not a good idea i will add old posts as pages.
But converting posts to pages...man, I don't think this is a good idea!

Ok, ok!
WordPress Post is more SEO friendly than a Page. Pages are for static content, posts are temporal content that you want to be categorized, tagged, archived. But if you have GOOD CONTENT that Google will love, I don't think that it really matters if it is a page, post or something else.
I have pages with (!) tags that rank well in google.

Ok, ok!
WordPress Post is more SEO friendly than a Page. Pages are for static content, posts are temporal content that you want to be categorized, tagged, archived. But if you have GOOD CONTENT that Google will love, I don't think that it really matters if it is a page, post or something else.
I have pages with (!) tags that rank well in google.
Great that's why I did this. When I started this website I thought of making it around one affiliate product only that's why I used pages. But as I saw conversions and rankings I added more pages for other product reviews and now I considered the need to restructure the site. Thanks for helping.

Great that's why I did this. When I started this website I thought of making it around one affiliate product only that's why I used pages. But as I saw conversions and rankings I added more pages for other product reviews and now I considered the need to restructure the site. Thanks for helping.
Now that you have explained the whole story I think that your decision was the right thing to do.
Bye!

Reactions: parthjuneja
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock