• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[HELP] Plex media server

Hello there!
Im wondering how to set up a virtual machine for my media server, if you are familiar with this you know i must have the phisical server online (this means my actual pc turned on) and i dont want this, i pref to pay some VPS for this, but i dont have idea about how to look a suitable vps, or what specifications must see, any lenguage to learn?

Sorry if is a noob question but around internet/related to plex i dont find anything, and when i find something isnt clear or educational.

pd: im thinking this to stream atleast 100 users.

Hello there!
Im wondering how to set up a virtual machine for my media server, if you are familiar with this you know i must have the phisical server online (this means my actual pc turned on) and i dont want this, i pref to pay some VPS for this, but i dont have idea about how to look a suitable vps, or what specifications must see, any lenguage to learn?

Sorry if is a noob question but around internet/related to plex i dont find anything, and when i find something isnt clear or educational.

pd: im thinking this to stream atleast 100 users.
Streaming to 100 users is not going to be cheap.

GO through this https://techperplexed.blogspot.com/p/index.html
Looks like you're going to need a Dedicated Cloud Box not a VPS

As already mentioned above, the vps cost is going to be minimal compared to streaming/bandwidth costs, streaming takes a lot of bandwidth, your home internet is not going to be able to support 100 streams. You need dedicated bandwidth for that.

I'm guessing you're streaming movies and TV shows, your best bet is to look specifically for video hosting providers that look the other way in terms of illegal/unlicensed content.

@Dwight here are the specs for VPS which i am using as media server.
10 vCPU Cores, 60 GB RAM, 1.6 TB SSD, 1 Gbit/s Port (Unmetered Bandwidth)

My Media server is running
Plex Media Server
Sonarr
Radarr
Jackett
Deluge
Nzbget

I am using it for home and family members and never had any streaming issue.

Reactions: SEEYA
The best thing to use if you are going to serv 100 user is to transcode the movie/serie first and then upload it to your plex media server. In plex you can only add 15 users (homeuser).

I should have done this (2 servers).
Buy 1 account on feralhosting for torrent downloading, use feral to transcode the movie, move the movie to /upload/ directory where you automatic transfer movie to another server with alot of storage. Install Plex on that server. Movie are already transcoded so you dont have to use so much cpu power, only alot of storage.

Reactions: SEEYA
Thats is a good tip, i was ignoring the transcode, about the max 15 users, thats only for the home users right? i mean out of my network i cand add more, im right?

about feralhosting, you recomend that to download and transcode and then upload to my drive? i need see how i will transcode the movies, but my ideas is rent a remote desktop for download and upload movies, also keep the server running, for storage actually im using gsuit, works fine for now, but i heard around, thats exist a limit for video views, idk how much are, but thats other stuff what i have to deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock