• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

(help) is there anyway to make learndash quiz timer sticky?

underwater

Nov 26, 2020
Dear awesome people on Babiato, especially learndash users and coding expert,

As the title says, I am looking for advice or tutorial to make *learndash quiz timer always sticky and always visible to the quiz taker*?

Is it possible to achieve this? Please help

The questions are displayed about 50 questions at quiz , but since the timer is always on top of the quiz page, many site users complain that they can not notice the time limit is ending before they finish test, they hope that they can always see the time limit all the time no matter how far they scroll down.

Thank you for your time reading my request

Hi bro,
I found the solution already by using this plugin below. It works like i expected and the free version let me put the *timer element sticks visible to the user*.

It works for my older site with the older wp version and learndash version.

When i tried to use the same method for the latest, ld and wp, the timer shows zero (when the page is scrolled). I am not sure why, but I assume it is related to the wp version or learndash version or the compatibility of that wp plugin.

Hopefully you can share your ideas about it brother..

Reactions: TassieNZ
Hi bro,
I found the solution already by using this plugin below. It works like i expected and the free version let me put the *timer element sticks visible to the user*.

It works for my older site with the older wp version and learndash version.

When i tried to use the same method for the latest, ld and wp, the timer shows zero (when the page is scrolled). I am not sure why, but I assume it is related to the wp version or learndash version or the compatibility of that wp plugin.

Hopefully you can share your ideas about it brother..
What version of Sticky Menu are you using? is the latest version?

I am not sure about the version, but I guess not the latest one.

So are you saying learndash the current version has the floating (sticky) timer option? Have you tried it?

I have not seen it
By default Learndash does not seem to have it. But with the use of a plugin like Quiz Customizer for Learndash you can put the timer below the screen. There are a few other options to customize the timer.

Reactions: underwater
By default Learndash does not seem to have it. But with the use of a plugin like Quiz Customizer for Learndash you can put the timer below the screen. There are a few other options to customize the timer.
Have you ever tried that plugin, bro?

I have not found the floating/sticky option descriptions , on the plugin overview page..

Will it work for a one page quiz with many questions (not one page, one question) ?

Have you ever tried that plugin, bro?

I have not found the floating/sticky option descriptions , on the plugin overview page..

Will it work for a one page quiz with many questions (not one page, one question) ?
Yes I have tried it. Not sure if it is alright for a many-questions-on-a-page type of quiz. Do you need it?

Yes I have tried it. Not sure if it is alright for a many-questions-on-a-page type of quiz. Do you need it?
Yes, brother. I am using it for my students when taking an english listening quiz that can not be devided into many pages, so there are at least 15 questions in a page.

I used to be able doing it with sticky menu sticky header free plugin. But recently it doesn't work to let the timer sticky without being zero numbers. It shows 0 when user scrool. Not sure what's changed

Here is the file- Learndash Quiz Customizer. Got probably from this forum. Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• learndash-quiz-customizer1.3.7.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 18
That has an easy solution, in fact they have given you the same one.

Open file:
Code:
learndash-quiz-customizer\templates\legacy\learndash_quiz_messages.php

And comment the lines about 900 with /* */ this way it will take the one you have in learndash by default, which you will have it translated.

Code:
case 'quiz_questions_answered_correctly_message':

$message = '<p>' . sprintf( esc_html_x( '%1$s of %2$s questions answered correctly', 'placeholder: correct answer, question count', 'learndash' ), '<span class="wpProQuiz_correct_answer">0</span>', '<span>' . $placeholders[1] . '</span>' ) . '</p>';

break;

That has an easy solution, in fact they have given you the same one.

Open file:
Code:
learndash-quiz-customizer\templates\legacy\learndash_quiz_messages.php

And comment the lines about 900 with /* */ this way it will take the one you have in learndash by default, which you will have it translated.

Code:
case 'quiz_questions_answered_correctly_message':

$message = '<p>' . sprintf( esc_html_x( '%1$s of %2$s questions answered correctly', 'placeholder: correct answer, question count', 'learndash' ), '<span class="wpProQuiz_correct_answer">0</span>', '<span>' . $placeholders[1] . '</span>' ) . '</p>';

break;
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: EloFran
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock