• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Giveaway Course Mastering Figma: The Magic of Auto Layout

CallmeNick

Banned User
May 4, 2022
BabiatoLand
Figma updated the UI of Auto Layout on the 10th of May 2022. Even though the core features of Auto Layout remain the same, you will find parts of UI discussed in this class at a slightly different place or hidden under a panel in the latest version of Figma.

About This Class​

Update: Figma updated the UI of Auto Layout on the 10th of May 2022. Even though the core features of Auto Layout remain the same, you will find parts of UI discussed in this class at a slightly different place or hidden under a panel in the latest version of Figma. It's a much-required UI update and not a major overhaul. The update shouldn't cause any hurdles in you taking this class. Even if it does leave a comment in the discussion and I'll be sure to drop in and help.

Figma is a go-to design tool for a majority of user interface designers today. And every day that number keeps growing, all thanks to the robust feature set, a great team of engineers and designers, and a vibrant multi-talented community of Designers that has grown around Figma.

As the demand on design tools to do more increases the tools become increasingly complex and sooner or later attain a learning curve. Something that designers have to scale to get to the other side and enjoy time-saving features. One such feature in Figma is Auto Layout.

I found myself using Auto Layout on a regular basis for both my job and my personal projects. In the beginning, though, I was hesitant of trying it out and found it complex, but now, designing without it I am sure I'd feel like a paralyzed bird.

If you are new to Figma or new to Auto Layout this class is just for you. I hope that an aha moment hits you the same way it hit me when I realized all that was possible using Figma's Auto Layout.

Take this class if: you want to learn what goes into User Interface Design, you want to learn Figma (as the demand for it in the job market is increasing rapidly), you want to learn Figma's Auto Layout feature.

Software Requirements to take this class

Figma (available for free here)
Optional Desktop app is available for download here.

···

As you follow along with the class, you will design a repository of user interface elements segregated in different pages inside your Starter File.

Your final project will include:

1. Creating a new page inside your starter file, called: Final Project
2. Copying, pasting and arranging all the UI elements you have designed inside the Final Project page.
3. Taking a screenshot of the Final Project page and submitting it as a project for this class.
4. In the project description be sure to include a link to your starter file. The link can be obtained by clicking the share button at the top right. This process is also described in Chapter 2: Project and Setup

Link available to those members who are 30 days old or more:

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock