Freelancing without getting noticed while on contract.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

zaiso

May 15, 2021
Hey guys,

I work full-time as a Full Stack Engineer for a company that sells Angular/React templates online. The policy of our company prevents us from freelancing. I have >4 hours everyday that I can invest in increasing my income. I was planning to create WP themes, but Envato requires ID verification, and I am worried about getting noticed. Any ideas?

nobs

Babiato Lover
Jun 26, 2020
babiato.co
Hi
@zaiso you need to clarify what does your company forbids... If it is just freelancing and no other EXACT TERMS are mentioned in the contract, you can always do something else, like selling digital products/courses/books (that you create or not) or coaching, both related to your experience...
It is all about terminology used in your contract.

I'm pretty sure your contract doesn't forbid you to seek another source of income in your free time (second job), and if it does, well you are working with the most Hitlerian bloodsucking capitalist company and in the LONG TERM, you should consider leaving lol

The trick is using the knowledge acquired in that work to make an extra without going against the contract.

Example:
You can not forbid a painter working with a painting company to paint his neighbor's house on the weekend for extra cash... But legally, you can forbid the painter to use the same technology/tools/paint used in his main work...
Do you get what I mean?

Let us know more, and we may help.
Cheers.
NoBs

Last edited:

ultranoob

Trusted Uploader
Feb 1, 2021
babiato
babiato.co
You may use the ID of your relatives for an account and other formalities or find another platform for selling your work. I don't think your profile name on Envato required your real name as a username.

Plouh

Sep 12, 2020
Could you give some references?
Also if you've done that personnaly, would love to have your feedback Bro
I did not try it, but I did some research and join some Groupe in Facebook to ask, and apparently many people do it, specially dropshipper from country that don't support Stripe, it's the easy way to have a stripe and PayPal acount to do business.

Just Google " UK company for non residents",many tutorials on YouTube recomend : https://www.1stformations.co.uk/compare-packages/#non-residents
But they are more cheaper offer on the internet with fewer option, as I didn't test it I can't recommend any of them.
But, you need only to fill some online forms, and pay and in some hours you will have a company and bank acount in UK.

Hope it help.

Reactions: Mohamed Farouk

rachidjunk

Nov 15, 2020
I did not try it, but I did some research and join some Groupe in Facebook to ask, and apparently many people do it, specially dropshipper from country that don't support Stripe, it's the easy way to have a stripe and PayPal acount to do business.

Just Google " UK company for non residents",many tutorials on YouTube recomend : https://www.1stformations.co.uk/compare-packages/#non-residents
But they are more cheaper offer on the internet with fewer option, as I didn't test it I can't recommend any of them.
But, you need only to fill some online forms, and pay and in some hours you will have a company and bank acount in UK.

Hope it help.
Like you I've seen some Youtube and articles on how easy it's to create a UK company.
My problem is that all those resources insist on how easy the setup is but brush aside the rest: How will you fill annual (if not trimestrial!) tax filling, what is the red tape you have to manage from abroad, etc.
That's the reason I would like to have a first hand feed back from someone doing it the real-life...

galushka

Jul 29, 2020
how would that company even know if you have other income to your name? it's not like they can ask envato or other millions of companies for a list of real names of their users.
what country do you even live in?
also, a company cannot tell you what to do in your free time. it's illegal.

marconi05

Oct 15, 2021
Create a uk company , at the end of the year hire a freelancer to do the taxing tasks for you.
When you save some money quit that job that tells me what not do in your free time .

rachidjunk

Nov 15, 2020
Create a uk company , at the end of the year hire a freelancer to do the taxing tasks for you.
When you save some money quit that job that tells me what not do in your free time .
Have you done that in real life? If so I would love chatting with you on your experience