Free or Cheap Hosting

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Gatäuscht

Nov 10, 2020
Brazil
cervoscan.xyz
Hiiiiiii, how are you? Well, I think this is my first post on the forum, (actually it is, I just want to look like someone nice ūüėĚ) and I decided to share all my knowledge of using hostings. And today, I decided to share my good experience with several of them; in the future I want to make bad experiences.

Well, I will only share hostings from normal people, for people within the law. (No DMCA Ignored or Bulletproof) That's not cool! ūüė°
Anyway, let's get to it! ūüöÄ

AWS EC2 - Tier Free​

Based on the Cloud framework, AWS has several product models; a lot of them free. Among them we have EC2, which offers 1 year of free hosting divided into 2 models, which are based on x86 and ARM.
For x86 we have 1GB of RAM, and 1vCPU with up to 30GB of storage ''EBS'' (to this day I don't know what it is). And an unspecified port speed, but they say it's for Low vs. Moderate use.
For ARM we have 1GB of RAM, and 2vCPU with up to 30GB of ''EBS'' storage; and a port speed of 5GBit.
Data transfer total is not specified; but I believe it's around 1TB of data.
My experiences were good, I managed to maintain 3 wordpress sites with 1000~5000 people daily traffic on each without many problems. But of course I had to spend some time on optimization and also to set up the AWS framework (and seriously... it's a really boring one o_O), but the documentation helped.
For more information:

AWS Lightsail - Tier Free and Low Price​

The most basic plan costs US$2.5 and also has a free 1 month experience. Lightsail has everything EC2 has, only simpler, clearer and easier to configure.
In this case the most basic have this:
1627353598013.png
It's not much, but it's affordable. A test site or small will do just fine with it!
I think that's what I have to say about lightsail, I don't have much to say. But for the purpose of working!
For more information:

Create.com - 1 year free​

Well, it's a company that has been talked about for a long time here... I can't say it's the best but it offers a good performance. I have it for 1 month and it's strong and strong, and my site hasn't crashed with it yet. I don't know if it will continue like this, but I hope it will continue. (The craziest thing is that all your plans are free, and even paying are still a little cheap)
For more information:

Oracle Cloud - Tier Always Free​

Oracle is also in the game, and is a tough opponent even among freebies. With 2 free web hosting plans, it hits hard! Offering an AMD-based x86 model (old models - so they say, but new from what I've seen), they offer 1 CPU, and 1GB of Ram; it's not much... but it's good for something.
But that's not where she stands out, the game changes to when we talk about ARM. It enters strongly into this ARM based microprocessor hosting game offering 4vCPU with up to 24GB of ram, and best of all for free. The amazing thing is that this is available in all her data centers!
For more information:

Hetzner - Pay but OVH style​

This little German giant in the world of accommodation is a tough match for others in the same price range. Starting at 2.96 Euros, it offers something like the 5 Euro OVH or better than the $5 AWS. In this small amount she puts in your hands a VPS of 1vCPU, 2Gb of RAM and 20TB of bandwidth. For the value it passes like a steamroller on top of many (And I heard a bye bye Hostinger Premium Monthly?).
For more information:

I think this is my first post, and I intend to make this a series. I hope you enjoy this short list and see you soon, see you soon!

Last edited:

LaBerginha

Oct 26, 2020
Pripyat
How interesting! It's the first time I've heard of create.com haha, good guide and thanks for the tips!

Pd: Link for the always free Oracle? The page and information is confusing

Gatäuscht

Nov 10, 2020
Brazil
cervoscan.xyz
Yes... I forgot about the existence of this post. Notifications simply didn't arrive!

How interesting! It's the first time I've heard of create.com haha, good guide and thanks for the tips!

Pd: Link for the always free Oracle? The page and information is confusing
Here's a video on how to create your account!
link:
(If you're not used to Indian English, subtitles will be your friend!)

nice invisible links
It must be there now!

• Love
Reactions: LaBerginha

18tommyboy

Mar 18, 2021
Guys, so the Oracle offers VPS for free? Can install on it anything? Like webhosting panel (Cyberpanel)?

18tommyboy

Mar 18, 2021
Hi, so you can put whatever you want! And yes, you can put your cyberpanel and manage it normally.
Like any hosting, it comes clean, and like Aws you have to manage subnets and stuff.
Thank You! I never understand on AWS, Google or Oracle theses "Computing power or time..."

"Ampere A1 Compute instances (Arm processor): All tenancies get the first 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month for free for VM instances using the VM.Standard.A1.Flex shape, which has an Arm processor. For Always Free tenancies, this is equivalent to 4 OCPUs and 24 GB of memory."

I don¬īt know what is 3000 OCPU and 18TB hour...

Last edited:

Gatäuscht

Nov 10, 2020
Brazil
cervoscan.xyz
Thank You! I never understand on AWS, Google or Oracle theses "Computing power or time..."

"Ampere A1 Compute instances (Arm processor): All tenancies get the first 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month for free for VM instances using the VM.Standard.A1.Flex shape, which has an Arm processor. For Always Free tenancies, this is equivalent to 4 OCPUs and 24 GB of memory."

I don¬īt know what is 3000 OCPU and 18TB hour...
This oracle calculation metric is a bit confusing, but in this crazy calculation you have access to 4vCPU and 24Gb of Ram. That 3000 vCPU and 18000GB of ram is you allocating it all in a single hour.

strangerdanger

Nov 4, 2020
I tried the Oracle Cloud but somehow it charges me between 0.01 and 0.03 $/h for Computee when I go with the 4Core/24GB RAM... can't figure out what went wrong?

Reactions: 18tommyboy

Gatäuscht

Nov 10, 2020
Brazil
cervoscan.xyz
I tried the Oracle Cloud but somehow it charges me between 0.01 and 0.03 $/h for Computee when I go with the 4Core/24GB RAM... can't figure out what went wrong?
So, it seems in this model you are limited to using only Oracle Linux (CentOs 7), or any other model. I recommend checking if you haven't allocated more than 4vCPU, as this is your account limit; only 4 vcpu and 24Gb of ram divided however you want, in as many instances as you need.

strangerdanger

Nov 4, 2020
Thanks, Ill keep an eye on that. So far the charges stopped magically somehow (for real)... Seems to work now but maybe I try to contact them and will check in detail what caused this. So far thank you very much for that guide and tip - OC is aweeeesome! ;)

Reactions: Gatäuscht

18tommyboy

Mar 18, 2021
Can I ask, have anybody this Oracle ARM more than 30 day?
"
Note
Ampere A1 Compute instances are disabled when your trial ends and then deleted (terminated) after 30 days, unless you upgrade to a paid account. To continue using Always Free Arm-based compute instances as an Always Free user, you must delete your existing Ampere A1 Compute instances and create new Ampere A1 Compute instances.
"
Source: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/FreeTier/freetier.htm

So must backup, because he delete all my data on ARM cpu vps?

strangerdanger

Nov 4, 2020
Mine got disabled after 30days, so its not really always free from what Ive experienced... sounded too good to be true :p

Gatäuscht

Nov 10, 2020
Brazil
cervoscan.xyz
Can I ask, have anybody this Oracle ARM more than 30 day?
"
Note
Ampere A1 Compute instances are disabled when your trial ends and then deleted (terminated) after 30 days, unless you upgrade to a paid account. To continue using Always Free Arm-based compute instances as an Always Free user, you must delete your existing Ampere A1 Compute instances and create new Ampere A1 Compute instances.
"
Source: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/FreeTier/freetier.htm

So must backup, because he delete all my data on ARM cpu vps?
Wow, that didn't happen to me. And it's been a few months already!

18tommyboy

Mar 18, 2021
Mine working too without deleting. I think this delete is for users who created ARM more than 4 core? Don't know, not definied in that link.