• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[GUIDE] A business with $15 in 48h

nobs

Babiato Lover
Banned User
Jun 26, 2020
Travelling...
Note: this thread has yellow color in its text, so if you are using the light forum theme, change it to a black one to be able to read clearly, thanks.

Let's do step 2 of this business:

Time to step 2 here

Good day to all

Ps: If you like what you read, say thanks and smash the like button, or not, you decide.

I'm quite new here... Been reading a lot and one of the things that struck me is the usual suspects when it comes to making money online... You know, affiliates, click this and that, e-com, etc...

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about all the shared methods here, but...
A big but...
I'm wondering why there are not those down-to-earth, very realistic, simple, fast methods like in the old times of the internet, that one can really, and I mean really start in a weekend or so (deepening on the knowledge level of course).

What I mean:
By realistic and down to earth, I mean something that doesn't promise thousands in the first month but has the potential to reach them because it is simple.

By simple, I mean, those methods where you need 3 or 5 basic web pages, one buy button, and hop, you are already in business selling... That is fast.

By fast, I mean (Like in simple), building the whole thing on a weekend or even in a few hours (depending on knowledge level).

The minimum requirement to start:
Very basic online knowledge (borderline absolute beginner who knows what the internet and a computer are).
Very low startup cost, let's say a minimum of $15 a first month for a domain and a web host.
Very easy to build, 3 or 5 webpages maximum, with WP+ free plugins and saas OR just HTML pages + saas (web platforms).
Very fast to build, well, I guess it is already explained, so, not gonna repeat myself.

Micro-businesses:
I'm 40+, been online 25y+, working 100% for myself since 12y+, did this, tried that, etc, etc, and the more time passes, the more I get requests of very simple methods... Ps: I do get requests because I do teach online, I help people and small businesses start and grow online bla bla bla.
My point is with all the information out there, most of us lost the simplicity of things... Those old enough may remember how it was easy to get a domain (even pricy at that time), put online an ugly basic HTML page with a phone number or an email, print some business cards, and hop, we were in business... so, why did we lose that simplicity?

Remember the time, when you had something to sell, you just got to the marketplace, stand there, and sold it?

I mean that is ok, losing it won't kill us, but, with time, seeing beginners suffering because of the shiny objects syndrome or the overwhelming amount of information to absorb just to start, I decided to simplify, so here is my simplicity formula.

The simple formula that everybody forgets:
Well, it is very simple, prepare a very affordable offer, present it to the public et voila, make your first dollar (s), and by that I mean the first dollars, like 5 or 10, no more...
As mentioned before, and pretty sure you got it already, the goal is to START FAST, contrary to dreaming or hoping for millions without even taking the first steps... And that is the issue I see in all my students/ clients, too much thinking, over-complicating, and almost no action, or too much action with too much information = 99% never start anything, or they just build it and never launch it.

You've noticed that I mentioned the first dollar, 5 or 10 dollars... It is not just a random number... and it is not for. let's say developing countries, no, selling to USA and UK, and rich countries with a goal to make the first $1.
It is the goal you all (especially those of you beginners who never sold online etc) must target when you start something new.

I'm talking in the dollar here but it can be any currency you want, just think of any small value and here we go.

I always say, in everything we do, there is a green psychological line (in our head), and the number one goal is to step on it to start, the rest will be easy... In our case, the number one priority goal is the first dollar, not wishing for $100 or thousand (s), no, the first dollar only... because after that, what happens is our brain/mind will realize that what we build (the small project) is working, and from there the sky is the limit.

And ladies and gentlemen that is why 99.99% of people never made any dollar online.
Because everybody is over dreaming and thinking... And most of us never think of the first $1!

Are you following me?

The formula = to make the first $1 = fast + simple + easy + economic + realistic = micro business

Examples:
Did you know that there are people out there who make $100.000/ month just by selling a very basic, simple micro membership access?
If you've been surfing online a bit, your answer will probably be yes to this, thinking of those gurus and experts charging $97 or $299 and even $997/month a month for a membership, etc... Wrong!
Did you know that those 100.000/month gains come from $4.7/month? yes, you read well, some people make a hundred grand a month, selling a very very basic membership/ almost a newsletter for 4.7 a month only!

Do you see where I'm going?
Do you get why I used all the bla bla bla above?

So yes, I tried it myself many times and that is the n1 method I always recommended to anyone I met offline and online.
Micro membership, or micro businesses = 3 pages, one buy button, very low pricing offer ($4.7 or $1 first month).

I introduce you to ONE of the golden gooses that everybody forgot about: the micro membership method.

Now, you are probably thinking membership plugins, design, content, videos, security, bla bla bla...
Nope, calm down and simplify as I said.

1) Pick your idea:
View hidden content is available for registered users!

5) Focus on growing the $1 to maybe 50 or 100, even 500/ month.
That's it, you are in business, focus on getting as many people to join your micro membership.

Ps: That was a long text... I'm taking a pause now.

In the meanwhile, tell me what you think about this method and if you have something similar that can be easy to start, I mean in one day or one-weekend start, not a week or a month, etc.

Ps: for those who want to have done for you ready-made business offer about this on Babiato, details are here:

Will come back to update it with more details.
Cheers

=======================================
UPDATES UPDATES:
=======================================​
To make this a real action plan that all of us can start fast, I will build and start one, so that you guys will follow me and discuss the idea, etc.
I said discuss, not just read and stay silent, so let's discuss.

First step:

1) Pick your idea:

Now, read the post down as I will post what Idea I picked for my Micro-Membership business.
Hope to read your discussions soon.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Certainly a good read. Simple yet effective strategy.

"And ladies and gentlemen that is why 99.99% or people never made any dollar online.
Because everybody is over dreaming and thinking... And mot of us never think of the the first $1! "

Couldn't agree more😀

• Love
Reactions: BOBLEE and nobs
I will title this

The $1 Rule: How to Start a Fast Micro Business in a Weekend
Well done
Good day to all

I'm quiet new in here... Been reading a lot and one of the things that struck me are the usual suspects when it comes to making money online... You know, affiliates, click this and that, e-com etc...

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about all the shared methods here, but...
A big but...
I'm wondering why there are not those down to earth, very realistic, simple, fast methods like in the old times of the internet, that one can really, and I mean really start in a weekend or so (deepening on the knowledge level of course).

What I mean:
By realistic and down to earth, I mean something that doesn't promise thousands in the first month, but has the potential to reach them because it is simple.

By simple, I mean, those methods where you need 3 or 5 basic web pages, one buy button and hop, you are already in business selling... That is fast.

By fast, I mean (Like in simple), building the whole thing in a weekend or even in few hours (depending on knowledge level).

Minimum requirement to start:
Very basic online knowledge (borderline absolute beginner who knows what internet and a computer is).
Very low startup cost, let's say a minimum $15 first month for a domain and a web host.
Very easy to build, 3 or 5 webpages maximum, with WP+ free plugins and saas OR just html pages + saas (web platforms).
Very fast to build, well, I guess it is already explained, so, not gonna repeat myself.

Micro businesses:
I'm 40+, been online 25y+, working 100% for myself since 12y+, did this, tried that, etc etc, and the more time passes, the more I get requests of very simple methods... Ps: I do get requests because I do teach online, I help people and small businesses start and grow online bla bla bla.
My point is with all the information out there, most of us lost the simplicity of things... Those old enough may remember how it was easy to get a domain (even pricy at that time), put online an ugly basic html page with a phone number or an email, print some business cards and hop, we were in business... so, why did we lose that simplicity?

Remember the time, when you had something to sell, you just got to the market place, stand there and sold it?

I mean that is ok, loosing it won't kill us, but, with time, seeing beginners suffering because the shiny objects syndrome or the overwhelming amount of information to absorb just to start, I decided to simplify, so here is my simplicity formula.

The simplicity formula that everybody forget:
Well, it is very simple, prepare a very affordable offer, present it to the public et voila, make you first dollar (s), and by that I mean the first dollars, like 5 or 10, no more...
As mentioned before, and pretty sure you got it already, the goal is to START FAST, contrary to dreaming or hoping of millions without even taking the first steps.. And that is the issue i see in all my students/ clients, too much thinking, over complicating and almost not action, or too much action with too much information = 99% never start anything, or they just build it and never launch it.

You've noticed that I mentioned the first dollar, 5 or 10 dollars... It is not just a random number... and it is not for. let's say developing countries, no, selling to USA and UK, and rich countries with a goal to make the first $1.
It is the goal you all (specially those of you beginners who never sold online etc) must target when you start something new.

I'm talking in dollar here but it can be any currency you want, just think of any small value and here we go.

I always say, in everything we do, there is a green psychological line (in our head), and the number one goal is to step on it to start, the rest will be easy... In our case, the number one priority goal is the first dollar, not wishing for $100 or thousand (s), no, the first dollar only... because after that, what happens is our brain/mind will realize that what we build (the small project) is working, and from there the sky is the limit.

And ladies and gentlemen that is why 99.99% or people never made any dollar online.
Because everybody is over dreaming and thinking... And mot of us never think of the the first $1!

Are you following me?

The formula = to make the first $1 = fast + simple + easy + economic + realistic = micro business

Examples:
Did you know that there are people out there who make $100.000/ month just by selling a very basic, simple micro membership access?
If you've been surfing online a bit, you answer will probably be yes to this, thinking of those gurus and experts charging $97 or $299 and even $997/month a month for a membership etc... Wrong!
Did you know that those 100.000/month gains come from $4.7/month? yes you read well, some people make a hundred grands a month, selling a very very basic membership/ almost a newsletter for 4.7 a month only!

Do you see where I'm going?
Do you get why I used all the bla bla bla above?

So yes, I tried it myself many times and that is the n1 method I always recommended to anyone I met offline and online.
Micro membership, or micro businesses = 3 pages, one buy button, very low pricing offer ($4.7 or $1 first month).

I introduce you the golden goose that everybody forgot about: the micro membership method.

Now, you are probably thinking membership plugins, design, content, videos, security, bla bla bla...
Nope, calm down and simplify like I said.

1) Pick your idea:
You are student in third year of any field, well start a small membership for students of the first year to give them tips and suggestion to pass the first year exams.
You are a freelance mechanic/painter, repairing/painting your fiends cars/houses in your free time? well do a membership for people to learn how to make some extra money as a freelance mechanic/painter.
You are unemployed after x years in one field? well start a membership to teach people in your field how to look and find a better job.
You are a housewife and love to make cookies, well start a membership to teach housewives like you how to make the best 10 cookies etc.

You get it, right?
The idea must be something you did, are doing or want to do... Simple!
Do not over think it, just any basic thing of life you did or are doing or planning to do can be your project idea.
In USA or Nigeria, it doesn't matter where you are, it doesn't matter if you have a huge experience, It doesn't matter, just anything you like, or did is a good idea because your target market are not space engineer, but people exactly like you, doing or wanting to do the same thing.

Now...
Ok, stop reading me and write 5 very basic things you know, did, or want to do.
Think about anyone of those 5 that you can divide in 12 steps/ lessons/ posts etc.
Like:
How to GROW AND MAINTAIN X TYPE OF FLOWERS in 12 steps etc.
How to DESIGN YOUR FIRST LOGO IN 12 STEPS.
How to PREPARE FOR X EXAM IN 12 STEPS.
Etc etc

2) Write a small sales letter offering steps from A to Z to learn something.
The tille explain it all, write 10 or 15 lines that explain, where the buyers will be if they join your membership.
Let say, a membership about LEARNING THE BASIC OF PHOTOSHOP LAYERS & OPTIONS, you offer 12 steps in 3 months (that is one step every week) and IT COST $4.7/Month, simple!
Ps: you notice that the membership is not about WHOLE BASIC PHOTOSHOP but about learning the layers and options.

3) Create the first step / lesson/ video of your 12 steps membership.
Yes, you just need the first step of whatever you are offering, and if you think this is too much, well just write the welcome message only.
Yes, you can start selling just this way, when sales happen, write the first step/article/video or whatever way you are giving the information to your paying members.
Got it?

3) Add a buy button
Paypal, or any payment that accept automatic billing... Simple!
You do not have access to Paypal, Stripe bla bla bla, well use bank or post deposit in your country, simple.
I'm not from a developed country and I know many will find it ridiculous that I suggest bank deposit, but think about it for a second, how all the business in your country been doing? with visa, with Paypal, or just with the old simple basic bank or post deposit.
Remember the goal, simplicity, no overthinking and making the first $1 (in your currency).

4) Start selling + write and deliver the first step if you make a sale (simple):
Use any method you know to share you offer and get some targeted traffic.

About traffic, if you are student who give a s about his third year studies in that specific field, you probably know where the student of the first year hang out, online or offline... and if you tell me, but I'm from that small town, there is not such a place or website for our field f studies because we are in a poor country bla bla bla (mental excuses). well.... Create a FB group for your field of studies, post on the wall of your university/ school and get members in... after they know and trust you, show your offer.

If you that unemployed guy in that city, well start a group or a weekly coffee meetup for people like you, etc... Use social media in REAL SOCIAL SITUATIONS... like I said, do it like old times, simplify and socialize etc.

Ps: They must know and trust you first, build your reputation first before bombing them with your offer.
So, to resume it you do not need millions to see you sales letter, as your offer is very specific to is certain target.

5) Focus on growing the $1 to maybe 50 or 100, even 500/ month.
That's it, you are in business, focus on getting as much people to join your micro membership.

Ps: That was a long text... I'm taking a pause now.

In the meanwhile, tell me what do you think about this method and if you have something similar that can be easy to start, I mean in one day or one weekend start, not a week or a month etc.

Will come back to update it with more details.
Cheers

I will title this

The $1 Strategy: How to Start a Fast Micro Business in a Weekend.

Well done, bro. I like your idea of simplicity. I had to drop many online businesses to stick to two.

Thanks. Consider writing an eBook.

Hi and thank you for your suggestion for the tittle.
I will finish the post then decide on a final one.

Cheers.

Wow..It's simple but effective guide for all those newcomers like us :) :)
Hi there
It is also economic to launch.
You need a domain name + a web host = that's it.
No fancy plugins or design etc etc, simple, easy, fast.

Cheers.

Reactions: dasitman
To mention Nigeria like this, You must be a Nigerian.

Hi There
No, I'm not Nigerian, but I'm still Africain.. from the biggest country there, that many never/rarely heard about, you know.
And what if I was Nigerian, does that change anything to the business idea?
Nope, it doesn't, it works even in Togo, or Argentina, or USA, or France, or Tuvalu.
Now you gonna say I'm Togolese hehehe joking.

Ps:
I mentioned Nigeria because it is the first internet GROWING economy, and first population in Africa = a good example of country to think of, when thinking Africa.

Cheers.

Last edited:
=======================================
UPDATES UPDATES:
=======================================​
To make this a real action plan that all of us can follow fast, I will build and start one, so that you guys will follow me and discuss the idea etc etc.

First step:

1) Pick your idea:

Now, after a time of brainstorming and imagining this and that, I came up with an idea.
I will build a Micro Membership that teaches people how to start a Micro Membership! lol
Members pay a small monthly fee to access step-by-step plan to build and launch a micro-membership.
It will be two or 3 months
length maximum, as the idea of these models is to get people to jump it without fearing to pay for endless time.

To resume it.

Members will go from point A (not knowing a thing), to point Z (they launched a micro-membership).
I think it is a good idea, and it can work.

So what about you guys?
Did you come up with an idea yet?

Will post more about building the business, then we will jump to step two of this method.

Cheers.

Last edited:
And what if I was Nigerian, does that change anything to the business idea?
No, it doesn't.

Just saying, a random European or non African don't really mention my country except they want to escalate an issue with fraud. 😂

Reactions: nobs
No, it doesn't.

Just saying, a random European or non African don't really mention my country except they want to escalate an issue with fraud. 😂

Well, things are changing now, many mention the economy when mentioning Nigeria... And those who still think of it just as a fraud place, well their loss... It is like those who think of poverty and war when thinking of Africa and completely IGNORE (from the word Ignorance) it is 54 countries, and a huge continent with so much diversity.
Madam "Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie" calls this, "the danger of a single story". < google it.

And what about our MICRO BUSINESS HERE.
Is anyone interested in trying it?
Who did step 1 already?

Take action people.

Cheers.
NoBs

Last edited:
Reactions: PrinceK
And what about our MICRO BUSINESS HERE.
Anyway interested in trying it?
Who did step 1 already?

Take action people.

Cheers.
NoBs

Already have something like this ongoing for me, still in the works tho.

Reactions: nobs
Hey Bro,
An interesting thread you've got here.

I personally started building my membership site in the pandemic time. Less than a year. I agree that it is a unique angle to an online business I didn't realize before.

I used learndash for exam simulation. Many people are interested with this simulation test.

I read your other post as well to enrich knowledge about simple membership site with learndash, connecting using woocommerse, and autoverification bank transfer for payment. Etc

These days, I am thinking about making like what you describe: exam preparation for x weeks. Since the market is not so popular but I feel that the market is there enough. It is based on the fact that my exam simulation can achive about a hundred sales a month with a limited marketing effort.

Glad to read your posts to charge my motivation about this new business I am currently working on. So excited!

Hi @underwater
Glad to hear that you got a boost in your motivation to complete your project.

About the MARKET:
Do not worry about the size of it, just start, there may be enough for you to start, and grow as you plan... then after you can always target other countries for the same studies or exams.
Also to target your local market, use offline methods like in the old times, go to schools, organize meetings (meetings is a big word, I mean simple coffee meetings in a simple local coffee etc), this works like CRAZY, yet almost everybody on earth forget about that too.

For now you have to finish the scratch project and do not overthink to make it perfect.

“If you’re not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman

That's the ceo of Linkedin who said that, so as you see forget perfection, just launch.

Cheers.
NoBs

Great sharing @nobs . I've been planning to setup my own membership site with monthly subscription but yet till now it is still WIP...the main bottleneck goes to the content..All the domain, platform, plugins etc already configured & tested.
It's just that I dont have time to fill it up with contents. By contents I mean something like my own articles or videos, etc.

Any ideas on how can I get the content done without spending too much or simple way to create my own content?
Also, which one is better for the membership package, One time payment OR monthly subs?

Great sharing @nobs . I've been planning to setup my own membership site with monthly subscription but yet till now it is still WIP...the main bottleneck goes to the content..All the domain, platform, plugins etc already configured & tested.
It's just that I dont have time to fill it up with contents. By contents I mean something like my own articles or videos, etc.

Any ideas on how can I get the content done without spending too much or simple way to create my own content?
Also, which one is better for the membership package, One time payment OR monthly subs?
Use PLR or MRR rights products or if you are from outside of usa or europe then find a top course about your niche and change it into your local language and sell it..
Hope this helps you..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock