• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Feedback Wanted - Advertising on Babiato

Medw1311

Purple People Eater
Staff member
Administrator
Babiato Lover
Trusted Seller
Trusted Uploader
Jul 24, 2019
Hi,

Myself and @TassieNZ are thinking of allowing members to advertise their services/sites on Babiato instead of us having to rely on any third party advertising service.

But before we do we need feedback from you all. Each month the site has an average of 2,500,000 page views and 275,000 unique visitors.

So basically we need to know...

1) Is this something you'd be interested in?
2) If so, what would you be willing to pay per 10,000 impressions for your ad? (In $USD)

Just to clarify you'd be paying for your ad being shown rather than per click through to your site.

Obviously prices will vary depending on the position on the site that you want your ad to appear in but for the purpose of this please base your answer on it being in the top banner position.

Feel free to ask questions about this and I'll compile a FAQ in the second post in this thread.

PS: If you are having issues replying to this thread please whitelist the thread (or whole site) in your adblocker.

Reactions: Supremo DM
Reserved for FAQ

Reactions: Supremo DM
Reserved for more FAQ

As I said to TassieNZ a few months ago, from all that traffic about 11% are from India, 7% visitors are from US, and the other 82% from different countries (a few european countries and asian countries).... So if someone want to knows if it would be useful, it would be good to give those details.

As I said to TassieNZ a few months ago, from all that traffic about 11% are from India, 7% visitors are from US, and the other 82% from different countries (a few european countries and asian countries).... So if someone want to knows if it would be useful, it would be good to give those details.
That's actually quite a difficult one to answer due to the amount of members using a VPN (particularly US ones) but yes I agree India is our biggest demographic.

I think that it's a little bit self-cannibalisation for your process because we can sell our products/service for free in "Marketplace" section and you can make a positive/negative sides

Advantages:
  1. None of users does not need to disable adblock if you use your own ads system
  2. You dont need seek ads platform
  3. You dont need to fit any (especially google) ads rules
  4. You dont wait to payouts
Disadvantages:
  1. As @alexmisaila mentioned that user's demographic structure does not fit for paying for ads
  2. Everyone can create "selling" post and we can sell our products/service for free
  3. This platform's users can search everything what you want and they can reach out to service/product provider via PM
My opinion is if you make more attractive ads's location/price or different campaing strategies it would be useful for you and for us

Everyone can create "selling" post and we can sell our products/service for free

Here's the rub, if we keep losing large amounts of money every month running the site then free marketplace posts might be the first thing to go.

Like we've said many times we will always keep the core of Babiato free to use but we have to earn a living and pay our costs somehow.

then free marketplace posts might be the first thing to go.
I think you should consider a different ads system including PPC otherwise sellers earning very little amount per sale and it could not reasonable to create "sell" post with a fee.

And also -I forgot to mention in Disadvantages list- most of users can handle their tasks and when we give an ads for "digital services" who will interest?

Well, it's up to the business owner to decide on the price of their product. Clients can accept or not. I do have a service which I would like to promote but I can say for example India or some other Asian countries are not a market for my products. I am only interested in specific countries (EU/USA/UK) as I am promoting it on some other forums. It comes at a cost but it works. Personally I would like to have some visitors statistics from my potential market before I make decisions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock