• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[Elementor] Which element to use for listing/displaying "skills" in a portfolio website

Goreng

May 15, 2022
Hi friends,
Im new to elementor and wordpress in general and wanted to make a portfolio website for myself as a exercise.
Which element should I use to make something like this in elementor?
1653371806087.png
Green box is the amount of year, so I want it to update every year, for example this year its "4 years" and I want it to auto update to "5 years" next year.

Currently I made it manually with Image + heading + text editor
1653371901582.png
Is there a better way to make it? So that its easier to update and add more skills in the future?

If I posted this on the wrong category/place, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Thank you :D

Hi friends,
Im new to elementor and wordpress in general and wanted to make a portfolio website for myself as a exercise.
Which element should I use to make something like this in elementor?
1653371806087.png
Green box is the amount of year, so I want it to update every year, for example this year its "4 years" and I want it to auto update to "5 years" next year.

Currently I made it manually with Image + heading + text editor
1653371901582.png
Is there a better way to make it? So that its easier to update and add more skills in the future?

If I posted this on the wrong category/place, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Thank you :D
hmm as I see you are using elementor, correct?

if I'm not mistaken it's better to use Wordpress developer with a subtitle (since) and beneath the subtitle add the year you have started the work,

just searched for suitable code but had no luck finding the simplified version
mayhaps someone else can help you with that

PHP:
<?php
//Create a date object out of a string (e.g. from a database):
$date1 = date_create_from_format('Y-m-d', '2026-05-10');

//Create a date object out of today's date:
$date2 = date_create_from_format('Y-m-d', date('Y-m-d'));

//Create a comparison of the two dates and store it in an array:
$diff = (array) date_diff($date1, $date2);

//Output the array:
echo '<pre>'.print_r($diff,1).'</pre>';
?>

//This will output the following:

/* (
    [y] => 4
    [m] => 10
    [d] => 22
    [h] => 0
    [i] => 0
    [s] => 0
    [f] => 0
    [weekday] => 0
    [weekday_behavior] => 0
    [first_last_day_of] => 0
    [invert] => 1
    [days] => 1787
    [special_type] => 0
    [special_amount] => 0
    [have_weekday_relative] => 0
    [have_special_relative] => 0
)
*/
//So you can simply use:

<?php
echo $diff['days'];
?>

Reactions: Goreng and jos4kay
Reactions: Goreng
There's a better way to achieve it through custom post types.

You can check up YouTube videos on JetEngine.
Ive seen some video about it and I thought you need to make a post for it, but here I dont need to make a dedicated page for each "skills". But I havent tried it tho

Ive seen some video about it and I thought you need to make a post for it, but here I dont need to make a dedicated page for each "skills". But I havent tried it tho
Never mind, just tried it and it worked! thank you for the help

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock