• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Doubts About Website Speed Optimization

MyTester

Jul 18, 2019
Guys can someone help me explain and say what is best to do in the case:

Debian 9 / Nginx 1.16.1 / MySQL: 5.5.5-10.3.16-MariaDB-1:10.3.16+maria~stretc

With Wordprass + Woocommerce installed and use Cloudflare + WP Rocket Plugin in this case I must and can:

- Manipulate HTML?

- Combine files from google sources?

- Remove query parameters from the statistical resources?

- Manipulate JS files?

- Combine JS Files?

- Optimize JS delivery?

- Minify JavaScript files?

- Combine JavaScript files?

- Postpone loading JavaScript?

- Safe Mode for jQuery?

- Reduce or disable the Hartbeat API activity?

- Reduce Hartbeat behavior activity on the panel?

- Reduce Hartbeat behavior activity in the post editor?

- Reduce Hartbeat behavior activity on the interface?

These above are all options within WP ROCKET and some also exist on Cloudflare.

So I would like to know what I owe for security and to improve the speed of the site should I enable or disable it?

And what options do I enable or / disable in WP ROCKET should I do even in Cloudflare if I also have the same options there?

Thank you, I am very lost please someone help me if possible, thanks in advance to anyone who helps me!

Reactions: raqib
You're over exaggerating stuff.

It's not as hard as it looks 😂

First, the main things that slows down a Wordpress website is Images, then heavy plugins and bad hosting service.

I've never used WP rocket (because I don't see the reason to when I have Litespeed server cache hosting) before but I think setting up the WP rocket CDN settings with Cloudflare and using an image Optimizer like WP Smush or Imagify to reduce image sizes. Then if the option to optimize database is included in WP Rocket, you can use it too.

In terms of security, make sure you don't have any user with "Admin" as username and also as Administrator Role. It's very important.

To make security tighter, set up Cloudflare SSL (if you haven't) and you can consider using a spam blocker or login limit plugin to defend against brute force as well as hide your website using WP Hide.

Other than that, wordpress security depends heavily on the kind of plugin or theme you install on your website.

PS: I have an active website for over two years now and using the steps above, there's been no such thing as hack on it.

First, the main things that slows down a Wordpress website is Images, then heavy plugins and bad hosting service.

I've never used WP rocket (because I don't see the reason to when I have Litespeed server cache hosting) before but I think setting up the WP rocket CDN settings with Cloudflare and using an image Optimizer like WP Smush or Imagify to reduce image sizes. Then if the option to optimize database is included in WP Rocket, you can use it too.

In terms of security, make sure you don't have any user with "Admin" as username and also as Administrator Role. It's very important.

To make security tighter, set up Cloudflare SSL (if you haven't) and you can consider using a spam blocker or login limit plugin to defend against brute force as well as hide your website using WP Hide.

Other than that, wordpress security depends heavily on the kind of plugin or theme you install on your website.

PS: I have an active website for over two years now and using the steps above, there's been no such thing as hack on it.

Thank you brother 🙏

Your every word will be important to me. And I will apply them.

Thank you very much from the heart.

• Love
Reactions: Saint Gabriel
Thank you brother 🙏

Your every word will be important to me. And I will apply them.

Thank you very much from the heart.
The best thing you can do is just test each feature. For my sites, I use Wp-Rocket+Perfmatters+EWWW image optimizer+WordFence+CloudFlare. These are the plugins I use for optimization on my sites or most of the sites I build. WP-Rocket has a bunch of features I recommend you enabling them then making sure 100% everything on your site still works if so move on and enable the next feature until you have enabled the features you like. Once again after you've enabled the features double check that everything is still functioning on your site. Perfmatters provides a few more little optimizations that aren't sometimes needed but I like to use the plugin things like "Disable Cart Fragmentation" on WooCommerce and "Disable XML-RPC" a known feature that is exploited in WordPress. EWWW Image optimizer has everything you need when it comes to image optimization from compression, conversion, optimization on upload, resizing, webps and more. WordFence provides a bunch of nice and free security features that'll stop a lot of nasty things and lastly Cloudflare provides a lot of nifty things for free.

100%

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
The best thing you can do is just test each feature. For my sites, I use Wp-Rocket+Perfmatters+EWWW image optimizer+WordFence+CloudFlare. These are the plugins I use for optimization on my sites or most of the sites I build. WP-Rocket has a bunch of features I recommend you enabling them then making sure 100% everything on your site still works if so move on and enable the next feature until you have enabled the features you like. Once again after you've enabled the features double check that everything is still functioning on your site. Perfmatters provides a few more little optimizations that aren't sometimes needed but I like to use the plugin things like "Disable Cart Fragmentation" on WooCommerce and "Disable XML-RPC" a known feature that is exploited in WordPress. EWWW Image optimizer has everything you need when it comes to image optimization from compression, conversion, optimization on upload, resizing, webps and more. WordFence provides a bunch of nice and free security features that'll stop a lot of nasty things and lastly Cloudflare provides a lot of nifty things for free.

Thank @RonanTheAccuser @Itsyaboy you for taking the time to describe incredible words to help me.

This proves that: There are still good people left in this world.

Thank you very much from the heart, you are amazing, thank you.

Something important also that many often omit, is to locate the plugins that are loaded when they are not necessary on the page.
For example a contact plugin that is only on the home page and is also loaded when you open a product.
You can disable these with the free soul plugin.
Your website will load much faster by having fewer files and reduce the use of cpu.

• Love
Reactions: Scorp and MyTester
Something important also that many often omit, is to locate the plugins that are loaded when they are not necessary on the page.
For example a contact plugin that is only on the home page and is also loaded when you open a product.
You can disable these with the free soul plugin.
Your website will load much faster by having fewer files and reduce the use of cpu.

Perfmatters works better than this in that case.

perfmatters also works beautifully with WP Rocket.

You don't need the free soul plugin when you can have the much advanced Perfmatters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock