• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Done with Lastpass. Myki Pro?

squishward

Nov 5, 2020
I'm pretty sure most of you already know or heard that Lastpass will force free users to choose either computers or mobile to use their password manager for free. So, as most people, i decided to switch.

Initially, I started using Bitwarden, however, I also landed on Myki. One of the main differences is that Myki keeps your passwords locally, whereas Bitwarden keeps them in a cloud. It's a matter of personal preferences really, but I started using both at the same time and quickly liked some features about each app and hated others.

Bitwarden for example, there's no autofill or like Lastpass (and Myki) has that option at the end of a text field to tap it and select your login details (again, this is something many people consider a vulnerability and prefer not to use, i do like it however).

Myki has that feature and many more, including dashboard report regarding password weaknesses. (Turned out this one was broken, i fixed couple of weak passwords and it still showed them as weak, spoke to their live support (which is super cool that they offer that) and they said they knew about this bug and they're working on it).

Anyhow, there are many pros and cons, however, im wondering if someone paid for the Pro features and if they are worth it?

Using Birwarden and happy with it.
Never heard of Myki. Unless I'm wrong it's not open source so it's a BIG BIG NO NO.
I definitely can't trust proprietary software with my passwords.
At some point, I'll install Bitwarden on my own VPS to be completely safe with my password management.

Reactions: squishward
I've been in the same boat and was forced to make a switch. I chose BitWarden and upgraded to premium and I'm quite happy with it.

The fact that passwords are stored in cloud doesn't bother me much as Bitwarden is quite secure and have a clean history. I also wouldn't trust myself to handle my own deployment nearly as good as them 😂

The premium of BitWarden makes using 2FA really easy as it's able to autofill 2FA codes as well which is really nice.

I haven't heard of Myki before 🤔

Never heard of Myki. Unless I'm wrong it's not open source so it's a BIG BIG NO NO.
Definitely not an open source.

The premium of BitWarden makes using 2FA really easy as it's able to autofill 2FA codes as well which is really nice.
I'd have to check this out, i saw it costs $10/year, which is definitely not a lot, but the autofill feature was something i was really missing while using Bitwarden. Myki does that and i havent even upgraded my account. The upgrade is one time fee for Myki. There are still tone of little things that I dont like about it. That's why im the middle over here, trying to figure out which one do i want to use :D Damn Lastpass, made my life harder with one more choice to make

I'm old school, I 'upgraded' to a smartphone only last year. So far lastpass has done the job for me but thanks for suggesting alternatives. I'll check them out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock