• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Contabo VPS. Price vs Value

nadeemdamique

Nov 30, 2018
Hey Guys, I am looking for some cheap VPS options. I stumbled upon CONTABO which is offering like an insane deal when compared to other hosting providers. For 5 Euros it is providing 8GB RAM, 4 Cores, 200 GB SSD and much more. I am no expert in this region. I seek advice from experts on this matter. Is purchasing VPS Hosting from Contabo worth it?

Reactions: enyacan
Hey Guys, I am looking for some cheap VPS options. I stumbled upon CONTABO which is offering like an insane deal when compared to other hosting providers. For 5 Euros it is providing 8GB RAM, 4 Cores, 200 GB SSD and much more. I am no expert in this region. I seek advice from experts on this matter. Is purchasing VPS Hosting from Contabo worth it?

it is not 200 GB SSD . it is SSD boosted HDD. So slow storage speed. If do not have a lot of traffic yes maybe otherwise no

Reactions: nadeemdamique
is very nice and fast. i use it and no problems at all :)

As you know that contabo is german-based company and you seem located india/pakistan location, am i right?
So if you want to use your own local business or something like that you should consider it.

Apart from these, im using contabo just for european projects and im satisfied.

it is not 200 GB SSD . it is SSD boosted HDD. So slow storage speed. If do not have a lot of traffic yes maybe otherwise no

I think you looked at the wrong VPS.
nadeemdamique referred to the "VPS S SSD" @ 4.99 Euro, 4 cores, 8GB, 200 GB 100% SSD.
This server is on the right half of the VPS table (100% SSD), not the left (HDD + SSD Boost).

As you know that contabo is german-based company and you seem located india/pakistan location, am i right?
So if you want to use your own local business or something like that you should consider it.

Apart from these, im using contabo just for european projects and im satisfied.
Thankyou for your feedback. I am located in India. I am considering to use it for local business as well. Is it extremely necessary that the server must be located in the same country where my local business is ?

And an excellent cost benefit I am using in a project and it is doing very well!

Not good security-wise. A lot of my sites got hacked. I have read since they are not a good choice. I cancelled all subscriptions with them

Not good security-wise. A lot of my sites got hacked. I have read since they are not a good choice. I cancelled all subscriptions with them
Virtualization tech is pretty standard nowadays and I can't imagine that Cantobo came with their own virtualization stack.
So there can't be any difference in terms of security.
Hacked wesbites are usually due to lax security norms by the VPS user not because of defects at the Dedicated/VPS provider.
The only way it could be their fault is if they offered deprecated OS which isn't the case ...

Reactions: juxhin20
Virtualization tech is pretty standard nowadays and I can't imagine that Cantobo came with their own virtualization stack.
So there can't be any difference in terms of security.
Hacked wesbites are usually due to lax security norms by the VPS user not because of defects at the Dedicated/VPS provider.
The only way it could be their fault is if they offered deprecated OS which isn't the case ...
I didn't have a VPS with them it was just hosting. It was not a good experience. They had a security breach on their servers. Besides that it was slow. They are known for overselling. I wouldn't recommend them for VPS or hosting based on my experience with them.

I didn't have a VPS with them it was just hosting. It was not a good experience. They had a security breach on their servers. Besides that it was slow. They are known for overselling. I wouldn't recommend them for VPS or hosting based on my experience with them.
Ah OK. Share hosting is different of course and they could definitely introduce security risk if they don't update their stack (but that would be very unprofessional).
As for overselling, I never used them but yes gravity is gravity, and the lower the price the higher the must go in over-selling to get a profit...
Others here said good words on Cantobo reliability: the fact is there a big change factor in play as you're perf depends on the behavious of neighbours...

Some facts about Contabo you should be aware, make sure to check out connection speed, cheaper servers are capped at 100Mbps not gigabit connection, then you also need to double check the Transfer speed, most of the time it is also capped 100Mbps, if you want 1Gig unlimited transfer it costs €300 per month just a word of caution.

It is a good hosting for what it costs and has no major problems. The support is null, so if you screw something up, you are on your own because the support they give is very expensive.
Very good for the cost and if you put a hestiacp or some other panel, you get good benefits compared to other shared hosting.
Answering what you were asking.... It is not necessary that your website is in the same place of origin as your business, but it is not necessary that it is on the other side of the world or that the load is slow. Users don't care if your site is in your country or even in another continent, as long as it loads fast and works well.

Ive been surfing contabo until i stumbled here..with the reviews I'm getting here then i won't give it a try.. I use hostinger shared but wanna upgrade to cloud or vps, was considering contabo coz of tue price..mind u hostinger remains the fastest ive ever used..better than siteground etc..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock