• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Cheap hosting question?

Khawk1

Babiato Lover
Dec 15, 2019
The Beach
I am wondering how some people, inc sellers in Babiato, can offer 2 years hosting for 3-5usd.. Or something crazy cheap like that..
What is it I am missing..
I am aware this is not going to be Siteground, but still. For some small blog or some test work, they are fine.
I have one I got on eBay for 5usd for 2 years. Worked fine, and fairly fast.
If you have some idea how they set these up, please share, as I am curious :)

Reactions: thanhpva
I am wondering how some people, inc sellers in Babiato, can offer 2 years hosting for 3-5usd.. Or something crazy cheap like that..
I am aware this is not going to be Siteground, but still. For some small blog or some test work, they are fine.
where are u from ?
if u have swift bank or visa - mastercard
i suggest use google cloud free 300$ credit for 1 year
u can install wp with 1 click on cloud!

where are u from ?
if u have swift bank or visa - mastercard
i suggest use google cloud free 300$ credit for 1 year
u can install wp with 1 click on cloud!

I am from Denmark, but I prefer Siteground for my hosting needs.

I was asking because I thought maybe it would be a good business venture if done perfect and were just generally curious :)

These sort of accounts are built on free AWS tier, or google free credits etc vps as well as some dedicated server they have leased. Monthly costs are anywhere between 10-200$ range depending on what kind of setup. Lets take the $200 as base, and you sell this to 5$ x 100 users, you are already making money (if free tiers or credits are used, most of this is profit, if paying for servers, at least $250 is your profit per month) Another trick most hosting companies use is overselling, basically lets say they oversell capacity of the server and count on some of the users will not be as busy as some others, since everything is shared bandwith, disk space etc. Something that will fail in these kind of operations customer support, second issues is they are usually prone to single point of failure, if the main server is down for some reason (DDOS attacks, blacklisted for smtp, etc...) if will effect all the users sharing the same server.

Last edited:
Reactions: mader
I am from Denmark, but I prefer Siteground for my hosting needs.

I was asking because I thought maybe it would be a good business venture if done perfect and were just generally curious :)
It can not be done perfect for that price. I have calculated the perfect will cost you as end-user somewhere around $25+ per month which includes Loadbalancers (meanning autoscale up or down) Security policies and security measures in place, CDN, scalable and High Availability model, auto trigger self healing if there is any issue with instances. All these would cost money, and can not be done for that cheap. I am assuming you are not overselling.

Reactions: mader and Babak
It can not be done perfect for that price. I have calculated the perfect will cost you as end-user somewhere around $25+ per month which includes Loadbalancers (meanning autoscale up or down) Security policies and security measures in place, CDN, scalable and High Availability model, auto trigger self healing if there is any issue with instances. All these would cost money, and can not be done for that cheap. I am assuming you are not overselling.

Bro I am still confused can you explain please.

What cost I have to pay after the tier ?
The free tier is for 1 year, right?
can I cancel in between the free tier and if I will then will I have to pay them some amount?
how many site I can host there?
And last one how can I link my domain does it have nameserver changing option?

Bro I am still confused can you explain please.

What cost I have to pay after the tier ?
The free tier is for 1 year, right?
can I cancel in between the free tier and if I will then will I have to pay them some amount?
how many site I can host there?
And last one how can I link my domain does it have nameserver changing option?
Free tier is usually 1 year but there are restrictions, if you go over those restrictions you will still get your free tier as credit, but will be also charged. Just an example t2 micro is included in the free tier for one instance, if you have 2 instances second one will cost you. Similar stuff like that you need to read the AWS free tier rules very carefully... Similar applies for the Google free credit as well. Point in giving these free stuff is for you to try their platform, and once you start realizing you might need more powerful servers then the free ones, they will charge you. If you are happy with the free stuff you have 1 year free services.
You can cancel at anytime, but why would you want to cancel free stuff until it ends. AWS prices are not too bad even if they charge you later, but I do recommend to use someone with expertise on these platforms, if you setup wrong that might cause higher bills, you can read more about this on goggle how wrong setup on cdn caused large bills with aws. Again how many sites you can host really depends on your setup, technically as many as your instance can handle, these free tiers have only 1gb memory and I think it was 25gb space, considering traffic and amount of disk usage it could be 1 domain or it could be 100 domains, it all depends. You can use route53 from AWS for routing or use your own dns provider to forward the requests to AWS ip of your instance, or google...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winwincommunication
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock