• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[Building an E-learning Platform] LearnDash, BuddyBoss, Memberhip or not etc.

@nobs Thank you for sharing, sir. I want to know about your project. Please PM me. I'm looking for LMS that works great with payment gateway. Do you have pricing plan for free member? I will try to register.
Good day
Well the LMS I use is Learndash with woocommerce, and for membership, I use Wishlist member.
Everything is listed and explained in post 1.
What help you need?
Here the documentation of learndash and woocommerce

For you to register, sorry no, because I already answered in post 5.

Cheers.
NoBs

Last edited:
Reactions: infactitsme
What VPS configuration do you recommend for website with 400 simultaneous users with videos on BunnyCDN? Please suggest.

And, please do recommend how can cost be minimized on video hosting.

@nobs Not able to locate Theme Option tab in Wordpress-> Buddyboss tab.
kindly help..

@nobs Not able to locate Theme Option tab in Wordpress-> Buddyboss tab.
kindly help..
it's there, impossible to miss it.
the official channel has tons of tutorials, follow this one:

What VPS configuration do you recommend for website with 400 simultaneous users with videos on BunnyCDN? Please suggest.

And, please do recommend how can cost be minimized on video hosting.
I used my shared hosting with 1GB ram, and it is enough for me and my members (my signature).
Just do not take BS overselling and shitty hosting.

Video hosting I use Vimeo plus, and it is more than enough for me, I have 1000+ videos on it.

BunnyCDN I use it as regular CDN, not for the videos.

Hope this helps
Cheers.

it's there, impossible to miss it.
the official channel has tons of tutorials, follow this one:
Screenshot_20210528-081938~2.png
Yes but I'm still confuse as you can see in screenshot there is no theme option.

And I have installed theme properly 😀

Screenshot_20210528-081938~2.png
Yes but I'm still confuse as you can see in screenshot there is no theme option.

And I have installed theme properly 😀
Hi
Did you follow the video?

Maybe your plugin is not active or your WP is weird, because millions of people have that menu, only you do not have it.

RESET your WP.
RETRY the install of theme + plugin.
CHECK if you are using a good copy of the Buddyboss theme and plugin from this forum.

For more help, ask in the Buddyboss thread, because I can not do anything for you if the issue is with the theme:

Hope this helps
Cheers.

Reactions: dirtydan
Note: this thread has yellow color in its text, so if you are using the light forum theme, change to a black one to be able to read clearly, thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTE
: For those who want lighter use of LearnDash and BuddyBoss, see post 14, I describe a basic config I tested for another smaller e-learning project, and it is really faster and bugs-free.

Hi all
Because there are many requests and discussions on the LearnDash thread here:

And in the BuddyBoss one too...

I decided to start this thread and dedicate it ONLY to building E-learning platforms with LEARNDASH & BUDDYBOSS.

Notes:
For other LMS, do not post here.. This thread is about e-learning with LearnDash.
This is not a request thread for plugins... There is a section on this forum for that.
I'm not saying LearnDash or BuddyBoss are the best, they are the best for me, for what I need to do, so this post is not about promoting them, do your own tests, researches, etc.
Thanks.

Let's begin:
I said it many times, e-learning platforms can come in many setups & configurations, not all setups works for anyone of us, what works for me, may not work for you...

It all depends if you:
Want to sell the course with membership or not.
Want a social platform with groups and forums etc (Buddyboss).
Want to restrict some section or not.
What membership options you want, upgrade, downgrade, etc.
What payments you use.
What emailing system you use.

To resume it: With membership or with subscription, limitations of what, what payments, groups & forums limitations, profile type upgrade/downgrade, zoom integration, paid membership monthly/yearly, courses paid one time or in few times, both ways... so on, so on.. as you see not just one possibility here.

The possibilities are endless, so here, I'm sharing my personal setup that gives me all the options I wanted in my project.

Of course, you can build a basic LearnDash course site selling courses one by one and that's it, in that case, you don't need many integrated plugins.

In this post I won't talk about the FANCY plugins that don't serve much except slowing down the site, I'm talking about the many addons of Learndash that I personally find useless, they do stuff, yes, but who cares, I don't need that stuff.

Me, I need a fast, straight to the point, functional social e-learning community/platform, and for that, this is my setup.

Learndash + buddyboss + wishList member + woo + woo subscriptions + betterdocs = serious e-learning platform, so I do not need a million extra plugin.

And here is the list of plugins I use: (they are available for download here, do not ask me any):

Plugins:
BetterDocs
BetterDocs pro < For help & knowledge base.
LearnDash
WishlistMember < I use this because it integrates newsletter systems, BB extra options, protection.
Woocommerce
Wocommerce subscriptions < this because I sell membership monthly, yearly
BuddyCommerce < this show the shop and subscription in members profile
LearnDash Woocommerce integration.
Elementor
Elementor pro
BuddyPlatform standard, I don't use the pro version, as I don't need Zoom, etc.
LightSpeed cache < Cache speed + images in Webp format.
Bunny CDN < Cache
Advanced no Captcha < For registrations and logins.
Not one plugin more, that's it, why put garbage that slows the site?

Theme:
BuddyBoss theme.
uddyBoss Child theme

External stuff:
-I use Vimeo Plus to host & secure my videos < Check if it works in your country or target country.
-I use free MailerLite for my newsletter/e-mailing < You must be serious validating your account or they will refuse you
-For web hosting, I use a special WordPress web hosting, it's a kind of shared but with extra power and very fast, enough for the few dozens daily students I have now... Almost all hosting companies have a special WordPress offer, so please, do not ask me, because I use my own hosting since 2006, my own, I will not promote or share it here... Start with basic decent WP hosting then move when you grow.

Notes:
-My setup is a bit complicated, it has hundreds of options here & there, but it answers all the needs I have, each one of you has a special need, so write the options you want before picking the plugins. not all options are needed by everybody.
-As you see, no extra plugins, each picked plugin has one or many specific functions... No fancy, extra plugins here.

I hope this helps, if yes, LIKE MY WORK, and take action on it.
Cheers.
NoBs.
That is awesome topic. It is awesome to me, because that is what I have been building for a while now.

I'm not the best developer, so I break the website, as it is basically my sandbox and live production site as well.

So back again it is at a fresh reset.

The difference I want to make for my site is to give the users that are willing and able to be instructors, to create their own courses, and even to sell them if they want.

This is where is get a few issues. Learndash takes only admin email for payments.

So I was testing out woocommerce with multivendor. As a abstract idea I works good. But does slow down the website. Also it has lead to database errors.

As for buddyboss. I am getting slightly tired of it.

For example the featured image display in archive and in single post is bloody garbage.

I either want the full image to display, or no image to display. I certainly do not want a cropped out banner of the full image.

Second the way it handles videos, is anoying.
I can make a post and set it to video type. But I need another plugin just to handle videos. (I saw that in their beta, they are getting ready to add video uploadig into the activity stream, that's cool)

I want to discuss more, but I will do it at a later time.

Good day @UfU

1) For the instructor options, I have no idea, but a fast google I got this:
Or just try another LMS that has that option included already.

2) For Buddyboss, I use color, why bother slowing down your site with big banners, when you can put a color as a cover for all groups, forums, lessons, etc... I find colors cooler.
And bout handling video, it is like any wp, just put the embed code and it works.
I do not get it, you seem to overcomplicate things that already exist in BB or even in Gutenberg default editor.

Remember, the idea here is fewer plugins, less complicated stuff, so if for embedding a video you need a plug, well, that's a nightmare.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

Good day @UfU

1) For the instructor options, I have no idea, but a fast google I got this:
Or just try another LMS that has that option included already.

2) For Buddyboss, I use color, why bother slowing down your site with big banners, when you can put a color as a cover for all groups, forums, lessons, etc... I find colors cooler.
And bout handling video, it is like any wp, just put the embed code and it works.
I do not get it, you seem to overcomplicate things that already exist in BB or even in Gutenberg default editor.

Remember, the idea here is fewer plugins, less complicated stuff, so if for embedding a video you need a plug, well, that's a nightmare.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I do seem to be making things more complicated than they need to be. I guess it is part of the learning process.

I just put that plugin in(instructor role) but the thing that I do is use user role editor pro. And give these abilities to the "default" user role.

For buddyboss. I do not want any banner for the Single Post view. Or at least the full image.

Same for the archives, I don't want the featured image to be cropped.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I do seem to be making things more complicated than they need to be. I guess it is part of the learning process.

I just put that plugin in(instructor role) but the thing that I do is use user role editor pro. And give these abilities to the "default" user role.

For buddyboss. I do not want any banner for the Single Post view. Or at least the full image.

Same for the archives, I don't want the featured image to be cropped.

Maybe this helps, I'm not sure, but archive images, there are few posts on that support forum, search

For others, here are the sizes:

Hoe this helps

Good day all
Up as this post seems needed by many.
Let us discuss details and exchange help.
Cheers.
NoBs

Reactions: Pixelate
Hello!!
Good Day everyone

i installed learndash , buddyboss platform , buddyboss platform pro, elementor and created a beautiful site with the help of tutorials given above , special thanks to @nobs
the problem comes when I created different home page for logged our users and dashboard for logged in users but when I am setting the home page as static as ( my created home page ). there is no impact on front end for non logged in users ...non logged in users are seeing strange feed page only which I have disabed as I don't want activity feed.. and every change is taking effect on logged in users..
kindly guide me to rectify my issue
thanks

regards

Good day
So in theory this is what you are trying to archieve... You are asking people to close the door and you blocked it with a chair.

It will not work, why:
Because on one side the frontpage is always the front page for wp, whateer you decide, there must be a front page... AND you put a system that is fighting with wp to take over the front page.

My advice, it won't work, unless you find a plugin (as there are plugins that show menus for logged in and not logged in) there must be one that redirects to whatever page you want, BUT NOT THE FRONTPAGE unless you touch a code, wp will handle its frontpage.

I personally do not know any plugin like that but 100000% sure it exists.

Again, I insist, you must redirect the logged-in to another page.

Ps: There must be a way to let another plugin take over the front page, but I'm pretty sure it involves modifying the core code of WP, and that is not what you want.

Go to wordpress .org or google and search with one word, STATUS, or USER STATUS, usually, you get results showing logged or not logged wp user status... when you find those plugins check if any do redirect... and there must be one or few who do that.

By the way, Wishlist member (membership) plugin does that and I use it on my sites, but the wishlist is heavy, has literally hundreds of options, so it is not suitable for you to use it just for one tiny redirect.

So, also check the small membership plugins if you have or plan to do a membership.

Again, I'm asking you for the third time to tell us what you want to do with your site?
Membership or not, why do you want the front page or nothing else, what are the steps that users take when they join your site. etc.

The more we know, the more we can help.

Cheers, and keep up the struggle, you will make it.

NoBs

Problem fixed, you just had to click on save permalinks to update the link structure.
That was a basic thing to do after any plugins were installed.
Anyway, now pay me by feeding the first poor man you see in the street.

Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: Pixelate
thanks for mentioning @nobs
I have dropped the idea of overlaying homepage with different one..
now I am with very straight forward thought that I have issue in homepage ... my home page is not visible to non logged in users
1636112839812.png
tough i have set homepage as static page and i am not using any redirect plugin or security plugin that couold potentially block it

for non logged in users it is this ugly feed page
1636112946740.png

and as soon as the user logs in the homepage start looking properly

1636112980188.png

i just want to fix that this above homepage look to everyone

thank you
warm regards

Hi
A) First of all, 20i is a bs host, I tried it with my community it didn't work well (buddyboss + wishlist + woo + subscription + learndash,).
2) Second, try to:
1) empty all cache on your panel.
2) deactivate the cache.
C) You still didn't tell us what caused the problem so:
1) Looking at your site, I see elementor and I see generateblocks plugins, did you break the site changing from one to another?
2) I see you have wishlist and woo membership deactivated+ subscription activated, again, did you break the site frontpage switching from one to another?

I literally asked more than 10 questions the past two days, I did not get any, all you say is that it doesn't work, we know that, I saw that.

Give us some history and details, what caused that?

Ps: I may seem cold and harsh in my fast answers, but man, answer my questions, please.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

What is bs host?
well ..yes i do have a lot of plugins
I installed all those plugins as you mentioned in your plugin list which you used to make your own website but I did not used any subscription plugin neither wishlist nor subscription I just downloaded from babiato and uploaded it , because I though I might need this in later stage of this project. there is no history of this site .. i started this just 3 days back and everything thing was normal I was building it .. and one day I though of checking the site through my phone.. when I opened tauseefkhan.in , it was a strange feedpage ... but once I loggen in to my site my home page starts being visible ... i exactly don't know what make this break happen .. it was an issue after certain plugin or it is as it is form starting ..

Hi
In that case, it is 100% the host.
It is the cache or the host is BULL CACA, I really tried it a few months ago, did not work, I asked for a refund and got it.
Unlimited cloud, may the god of technologies forgive me, I sinned believing in that BS.

Do A and see what happens.
Also, clean your cache.
Move the site elsewhere and see by yourself.

For my config, I just posted an exact final list, but again, it depends on your project, not all sites want the same steps for the users.
See the notice in the first post marked:
////////NOVEMBER UPDATE/////////////////

Ps: drop me a message if you want a really basic shared Cpanel host like mine, no overselling and unlimited propaganda, see the speed numbers in my links, my community does pretty well for all the heavy plugins.

Cheers.
NoBs

Reactions: tkhan3330
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock