• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Best option to accept international payment?

whitebee

Trusted Uploader
Dec 22, 2020
My sweet nest
babiato.co
Hi guys!

Could you tell me what's the best option to accept international payment? I heard a lot of negative reviews about Paypal stealing money recently. So I would like to find other alternative. If you have experience with other services, please kindly share your knowledge.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Hi guys!

Could you tell me what's the best option to accept international payment? I heard a lot of negative reviews about Paypal stealing money recently. So I would like to find other alternative. If you have experience with other services, please kindly share your knowledge.

Paypal is the best Bro..
But You can also check Stripe

Reactions: whitebee
Hi guys!

I would go with Stripe, as PayPal loves to hold your funds for random reasons, for up to 180 days.

im also looking for a payment provider who is paying out fast & quick without any problems, does anyone know any good provider ?

Paypal is the best Bro..
But You can also check Stripe

Yes it's the best. I just don't like it when they freeze my money for 180 days because of some blissful reason :alien:
I'll definitely check out stripe.

I would go with Stripe, as PayPal loves to hold your funds for random reasons, for up to 180 days.
Yes exactly! Random reasons, I sold some books and they freeze my fund for 180 days. Their supports gave weird response and just gloss it through.

im also looking for a payment provider who is paying out fast & quick without any problems, does anyone know any good provider ?

Stripe is something I'm checking out. I also looking at Skrill and some other services like payoneer. Still researching.

Hi guys!

See as if you want to integrate payment configurations in website/application then stripe will be best and reliable option for you and even if you want to accept separate payments from some other user then i would suggest you that you can use either Paypal or Stripe

Else and some difference are also there for each country based payment charges etc. So i think it's upto you that what you choose and which is more reliable for you.

See as if you want to integrate payment configurations in website/application then stripe will be best and reliable option for you and even if you want to accept separate payments from some other user then i would suggest you that you can use either Paypal or Stripe

Else and some difference are also there for each country based payment charges etc. So i think it's upto you that what you choose and which is more reliable for you.

Sure thing, that's a great idea. I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of Stripe right now 👍👍

I think your first action is to check compatible payment gateways available in your country then check their charges per transactions....
Some African countries are restricted from receiving international payments ... PayPal for example, Stripe or payoneer is the next option in these countries but then there are still many rules governing receiving funds internationally... The best option right now for these countries is Rave (Flutterwave) though their rates are high... The support community for this payment option is vastly growing.

In summary, look within your country and compare transaction rates before looking beyond. Lastly, good documentation about integration!

this comment is also focused at people who would read this thread having similar challenges... Especially Africans... ;)

I think your first action is to check compatible payment gateways available in your country then check their charges per transactions....
Some African countries are restricted from receiving international payments ... PayPal for example, Stripe or payoneer is the next option in these countries but then there are still many rules governing receiving funds internationally... The best option right now for these countries is Rave (Flutterwave) though their rates are high... The support community for this payment option is vastly growing.

In summary, look within your country and compare transaction rates before looking beyond. Lastly, good documentation about integration!

this comment is also focused at people who would read this thread having similar challenges... Especially Africans... ;)
Rave is cool, in my country, Paystack is better but you will be required to create a local foreign account to be able to receive USD. Only USD is allowed.

Reactions: whitebee and viid
Rave is cool, in my country, Paystack is better but you will be required to create a local foreign account to be able to receive USD. Only USD is allowed.

Cool... They've also been acquired by Stripe so, looking forward to more improved changes and accessibilities....

Cool... They've also been acquired by Stripe so, looking forward to more improved changes and accessibilities....
Ah yes, because now, they hold your USD for 7 days and some cards won't work. So some payments gets declined by customer's bank.

They also don't have the feature to push the transaction charges or fees to the customer. A seller bears it all.

Reactions: whitebee and viid
Ah yes, because now, they hold your USD for 7 days and some cards won't work. So some payments gets declined by customer's bank.

They also don't have the feature to push the transaction charges or fees to the customer. A seller bears it all.

Yikes! I'm sure they've received these complaints and work towards improvement this new year... I just wonder people prefer Paystack to flutterwave tho..

people prefer Paystack to flutterwave tho..
Marketing and good advertising, customer support.

Paystack came in with aggressive marketing, even though rave had been around for years.

Rave doesn't have a good customer service compared to Paystack.

And in terms of simplicity, paystack is far easier to use.

But I like and used rave because of the ability to push the transaction fees to the customer.

Paystack came in with aggressive marketing, even though rave had been around for years.

But I like and used rave because of the ability to push the transaction fees to the customer.

😁😁😁 your last point tho 😂
Valid points raised... May the best payment gateway win 😁

@viid & @The Accuser

Thank you so much for your info guys!! Viid made a great point about local payment gateway. I did a search just now and found this company that looks pretty awesome called midtrans.com. Perhaps it's good one for local business, but I'm planning to accept more US/UK payment. so perhaps I'll just go for transferwise for manual payment if paypal is not playing nice with me.

Reactions: viid

Rave's checkout interface is very blurry and poorly optimized. + they don't answer tickets. I have funds held in PayPal bcos Rave won't do uno jobs well jare😂. Paystack won't accept usd in my country. @The Accuser Can you help me get a dom. account and link it to an NG paystack for use?

Rave's checkout interface is very blurry and poorly optimized. + they don't answer tickets. I have funds held in PayPal bcos Rave won't do uno jobs well jare😂. Paystack won't accept usd in my country. @The Accuser Can you help me get a dom. account and link it to an NG paystack for use?
What country are you from?

And besides, who's going to provide the documents, opening balance and etc?

Send me a PM.

Reactions: boYg
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock