• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Anyone ever get their domains or websites taken down for streaming movies/sports?

Energy

Dec 19, 2019
What are the odds of the domain getting seized by the authorities if I were to post someone else's sports or movie stream? Is it worth it if you have a really good domain or shoudl you only do it on trash domains which you don't care if they get removed?

And if I were to add a filter to the stream to make it look cartoony, will it then be my own content and perfectly legal?

these are just a few questions I thought would be good for discussions

What are the odds of the domain getting seized by the authorities if I were to post someone else's sports or movie stream? Is it worth it if you have a really good domain or shoudl you only do it on trash domains which you don't care if they get removed?

And if I were to add a filter to the stream to make it look cartoony, will it then be my own content and perfectly legal?

these are just a few questions I thought would be good for discussions
Your Hosting will be the First to Take your Website Down for these kinda Things.. That's Why a DMCA Ignored Host is Preferred when Going in this Category....
Speaking Of the Domain name.. I don't Think They are Gonna Seize that unless and Until You are doing a BIG CRIME
Still to be on a Safe Side Transfer your Domain to a Registrar Like -njal.la if your Domain is too Important to you...

And Speaking of Worth-
It Depends on the Views and the Audience Base on your Website....

I don't Think They are Gonna Seize that unless and Until You are doing a BIG CRIME
This is 100% true. In most cases, the domain won't be seized unless government involves in the process, which will only happen if your project does serious damage to the country/company/citizens.

Example:
Site caught in FBI’s headlights; cybercrime platform gets shut down
Russian Pleads Guilty to Running Cybercrime Forum
FBI arrests Russian

Hope this clears things out a bit.

Eventually every registrar and host will give in to the pressure. You are just one customer. They are a business. They can't afford to fight for you.

Have a reading here https://torrentfreak.com/

There are hundreds if not thousands of movie streaming websites out there (We haven't discovered at least 20% of those lol)

Anyway unless you become something massive (I mean like really really MASSIVE, releasing new movies right after it's released, getting millions of active users daily) and start to get PR about your site, you won't get any issues (At least not full site takedowns and lawsuits against you)

For example, putlocker was getting a lot of heat back in the days and that got feds eyes on them. It was one of the topmost visited sites in the UK, with at least 1.6m users daily. They kept changing their domain names but they had to give up eventually.

Create yourself a brand name and then buy some TLD domains and keep trashy domains for later if something goes sideways.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Thanks for the discussion, it was a lot to take in.
Looks like I won't be using one of my domains and I'll have to do what Putlocker did and just use shitty domains :LOL:

After looks at all the news on TorrentFreak.com, it appears that domains and websites are getting squashed if they try to stream. That sucks.

Which makes me again wonder if adding a blurry video filter will bypass those laws. If you apply enough 👀 blurry filters to a video until you can't even recognize it anymore, does that make it mine now? Just something funny I thought about.

Which makes me again wonder if adding a blurry video filter will bypass those laws. If you apply enough 👀 blurry filters to a video until you can't even recognize it anymore, does that make it mine now? Just something funny I thought about.
That may last for some time, but they are not stupid lol. Even if you edit the content, it is still not yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock