• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

And after download what? (part I)

caracaltaca

Trusted Uploader
Aug 4, 2019
Elsewhere
www.fbi.gov
WHO
Starting, I have to say that I am a graphic designer for more than 35 years and is the first time in my life that I am member of a forum. The strangest thing (for me) is that I decided also to participate and write too! So, this is my first post ever on a forum!!!

As I said I am a graphic/web designer. All these years I am working on computers, I have gathered plenty of stuff: movies, mp3s, photos, vector images, programmes, tempates, scripts,fonts, pdfs, word files, video lessons… and of course my works, mock-ups and various personal helping tools. OK, …and po**o… All these years I have two HUGE problems. Organizing these assets and writing them on discs (backups also).

WHY
That what I realize into this community is that I have common problems with all other members who are entering the forum for their personal reasons (good or bad). So it’s a good time to start a convertation like this: which are the best methods to keep and use these assets. Lately, as I am a Mac User, the programme I was using for more than 10 years announce that will stop the development to 64bit version. So I had to search for another tool as I quickly realized that this is maybe the biggest problem that could happen… And believe me, I have tried almost all the available applications/solutions in order to get out this terrible situation.

To be more clear, I mention that I was working on MediaPro (and I was quite satisfied). I tried full versions of: NeoFinder, PhotoMechanic, PhotoLine, EdgeView, Adobe Bridge, ImageRanger, Extensis Portfolio, Movavi PhotoManager, etc…… If somebody is really interested I could share this research-experience with details.

None of them could help me, as I had problems such as convinience, to have multiple open libraries, to organize assets through the programme (moving,rearranging), to be able to read and have previews for any kind of file on my computer(s), and to make and/or daily update libraries for millions of assets. Not to mention that the ability to have your libraries for ever, not worrying if the company that develop the app will exist or have interest for years abd years.

HOW
So, I decided to start searching the web-way (internet or intranet depending on the usage and accessibility). The solution is called DAM (Digital Assets Management). I start up demo accounts one many “serious” companies, even the ones I couldn’t stand using because of the cost. Among them: Canto, Bynder, Brandfolder, Portfolio, Panopto, Cumulus, Cloudinary… (having in mind Adobe’s policies I didn’t even thought about their programme).I realized that the specified web apps are veeeeeeery expensive, give and load much more things that you really need, complicated and for sure dependent from a company… So I thought that I have to search for an Open Source platform and I am waiting to find time to check Phraseanet, HyperCMS and the most shinny and modern one PimCore! I would appreciate any experience or help!

EPILOGUE
So, if anybody is interested or have more experience on these issues is welcomed!!!! I can share all my knowledge, even most of my assets and participate to possible solutions. I know that I “belong” now to a community with people that are searching the same things with me (for any reaso, really I dont care), with people that have and will have hidden indedities and/or believings, but at least we have some common problems (even the “sellers” need a catalogue for teir products…) and it’s a pitty to participate to a forum without “feeling” the freedom and the cooperation that could be earned. Thanks to BABIATO (who convinced me with his administartive way and practice) I decided to be a member of this and I dont wand only to exchange things, but be a live member of a “mysterious” community that help each other among our “other” aims…

Bye
Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english…

PS_
Babiato, if by luck you read this post, please mention the best way to upload stuff for the community without risking my real indendity. I am a beginner and afraid so much to do this, even if I have valuable stuff on my discs. Is there an old thread to read? Could I find help on this somewhere? You are –for the time– the only person I trust here and I would like to hear you….

LOL @caracaltaca I have two years to go until I need the second hand for the first digit of my age!!! :)

This thread should help you with providing Resources.
https://babia.to/threads/read-before-create-new-resouces.1236/

Once submitted, any new Resource needs to be approved, so don't panic if it doesn't appear instantly. :)

For uploading I use https://mega.nz/ which I find good and reliable.

P.S. your English is great.

TassieNZ :)
Thanks TassieNZ for your quick response! I have already read this. I am wondering about (my) safety reasons: what email acc. you use to open a mega.nz acc. Whats the best practice to share stuff generally without the fear to be "uncovered". Sorry for my ignorance, may be is the age that make people's getting fearful... And yes I am shamed, all these years I was "collecting" stuff and sharing only by hand or pm. And, please, in two years remember to inform me about your fears... :)

Second thoughts:
Are you a Mac User? My first computer was a MacPlus, I have it nowdays and believe it or not, the sticker that I had put on the back is still there and of course is the famous Taz !!!!!!

Last edited:
If really concerned, firstly open a gmail account under any name e.g. caracaltaca. Then open your https://mega.nz/ account using that email address. That should more than cover you. :)

• Love
Reactions: caracaltaca
Taz, hate water!!!!
and this piece of sh** also... Is there a possibility to find it anywhere around?
ACF Front Form for Elementor Page Builder
LOL I normally only answer things in the Request section, but this time I'll make an exception. Call it a Senior Moment!!!

ACF Front Form for Elementor v1.0.6

Reactions: Babak
LOL I normally only answer things in the Request section, but this time I'll make an exception. Call it a Senior Moment!!!

ACF Front Form for Elementor v1.0.6

I don't deserve you....
Sorry for the mistake.... Not again.... More promises than my years....
thx thx thx thx

Reactions: TassieNZ
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock