• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

66Analytics – Analytics & Session Tracking [Extended License]

66Analytics – Analytics & Session Tracking [Extended License] 30.0.0

No permission to download
Okay, so I just tested the script and it does seem to work. The issue, from what I can tell, is that the script doesn't seem to include an option to override the browser's "do not track" settings. If you check your site from a browser that doesn't have any blocking options turned on, it does work. I just checked the heatmap, replay, and real-time views. (y)

Appreciate the upload.

Edit:

Apparently there is a way to override the DNT settings -

"To ignore the DNT and to also track those visitors, simply add data-ignore-dnt="true" to the pixel js code.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just tested the script and it does seem to work. The issue, from what I can tell, is that the script doesn't seem to include an option to override the browser's "do not track" settings. If you check your site from a browser that doesn't have any blocking options turned on, it does work. I just checked the heatmap, replay, and real-time views. (y)

Appreciate the upload.

Edit:

Apparently there is a way to override the DNT settings -

"To ignore the DNT and to also track those visitors, simply add data-ignore-dnt="true" to the pixel js code.
Are you sure that it's showing tracking data? Please elaborate how you did it

Are you sure that it's showing tracking data? Please elaborate how you did it

Yes, I've been using alternate browsers and mobile devices to test that it's picking up page visitors at random. I'm attaching a few screenshots as examples (I'm removing any site-specific information though).

1619270193741.png

1619270358139.png

1619270315224.png

To test it out, I did two things. 1. I turned off the privacy/tracker blocking features of my browsers (for the site I was testing with), and 2. I added additional language to the pixel code as mentioned below.

The original code should look something like this:

<!-- Pixel Code for h ttps://yourdomain.tld/ -->
"async src="h ttps://yourdomain.tld/pixel/kEvafr5f9aqud">" (wrapped in a "script" tag)
<!-- END Pixel Code -->

After overriding the DNT settings it should be something like this:

"async src="h ttps://yourdomain.tld/pixel/kEvafr5f9aqud" data-ignore-dnt="true">" (wrapped in a "script" tag)
<!-- END Pixel Code -->

As the script instructs, this should be added to the header of the site being tracked.

The original code should look something like this:

"async src="h ttps://yourdomain.tld/pixel/kEvafr5f9aqud">" (wrapped in a "script" tag)
<!-- END Pixel Code -->

After overriding the DNT settings it should be something like this:

"async src="h ttps://yourdomain.tld/pixel/kEvafr5f9aqud" data-ignore-dnt="true">" (wrapped in a "script" tag)
<!-- END Pixel Code -->

As the script instructs, this should be added to the header of the site being tracked.

For those who want to automate it for your users, edit line 60 to the following:

Code:
let pixel_key_html = `&lt;!-- Pixel Code for ${site_url} --&gt;
&lt;script async src="${site_url}pixel/${pixel_key}" data-ignore-dnt="true"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;!-- END Pixel Code --&gt;`;

in `themes/altum/views/websites/website_pixel_key_modal.php`

Wow, I just realized we're still on 3.1 here. We've missed all of the V4. Sheesh, lol. Of course, they do make version jumps quite quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blazer
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock