• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

15 months member finally saying hello

frizzel

Trusted Uploader
Jun 13, 2019
Wherever my imagination takes me
I'm already a member on Babiato for about 15 months, but I've never properly introduced myself. That's a big mistake, right? So, I'm going to remedy it with this post.

I've just added my first resource to this forum (Weisber Craft Beer WordPress Theme) and I'm not sure I will be able to add many more, as the themes and plugins I have access to are already shared here. By the way, I'm a (Western) European, having fled the cold climate to warmer pastures in Southeast Asia.

Why is Babiato so useful to me? Well, how many times have you tried a theme or plug-in (be it a free one or a commercial one) that you tested and found not to do exactly what you wanted or expected. I've had it hundreds maybe even thousands of times. And that's so frustrating, even with free ones, but with paid (commercial) ones it's not just frustrating but financially painful as well. That's why I've decided I want to try out a plug-in/theme first and only after I thoroughly tested it and satisfied, I'll buy it. But where's that testing possible? Only here, with the clean resources Babiato offers.

I have been a web developer for almost 25 years. Back in ancient times, I started with a thing called FrontPage (yeah, I know ... people here do remember that one?). When Joomla was launched I quickly adopted it as my favorite CMS (when WordPress was still mainly targeting bloggers), but switched to WordPress somewhere in 2008 (I think it was with the 2.6 or 2.7 version). I was very much intrigued by php, and back in that time I built my own course sign-up program, including payments. I remember that it cost me a hell of a lot of time, but in the end it worked perfectly and on top of that: I had learned a lot.

And that's what developing is all about, I think: you learn, every day, and that's fun!

Wise words man! Nice to know more about you!

Wow Frontpage....now that brings back horrible memories.

I was so glad to move to Macromedia Dreamweaver when it was released 🤣

Reactions: ukgamer
Well better late than never. You are always welcome to Babiato! And thank you for sharing your story. See you around.

• Love
Reactions: Midodove
Welcome Frizzel, glad that you decided to say hello :)

P.S.
I actually liked frontpage, lol :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock