Audio player which plays attached .mp3 audio files.
Automatically inserts an audio player for each .mp3 attachment.
- Download Andy-AudioPlus-1.2.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/AudioPlus directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
- Create a post.
- Upload a .mp3 audio file using the "Upload a File" button.
- Save Changes.
- Audio player is automatically inserted into message.
- Click play button to listen to audio.
- Create a /misc/ folder in your web root.
- Upload the following file Andy/AudioPlus/audioplus.php to your /misc/ folder.
- In order to do the next step you need to put the forum into debug mode. Add $config['debug'] = true; to your config.php file.
- In the Admin control panel Admin control panel -> Content -> Custom BB codes update the Custom BB Code. The HTML replacement needs to reflect your domain and location of the /misc/ folder.
- Remove the $config['debug'] = true; from your config.php file.
- In the Admin control panel, update "Maximum Attachment File Size (KB)" to 3072, this will allow a maximum of 3MB audio files to be uploaded.
- In the Admin control panel, update "Allowed attachment file extensions" to include mp3 files.
This add-on requires the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group to have "View attachments to posts" setting set to "Yes".
Questions and Answers:
Q: I get the following error message after uploading a file, "There was a problem uploading your file".
A: This means your php.ini maximum upload setting needs to be increased.
Q: Will this add the audio player to any previous posts with .mp3 attachments?
A: No. To make older posts show the audio player, you will need to edit and save the post.
Q: Can you make this permission based?
Q: My error.log show a problem with file_get_contents command.
A: Make sure allow_url_fopen is enabled in PHP.
Q: Will this work in Conversation posts?